First online Ghost Reveries review.

OK guys...
Don't feel so frustrated not to have listened to the album yet... It's part of our cool things to be able to listen albums before others.
So please, try at least to understand before pouring your anger against us.

What's the point in your complaint ??? I think you should take your fingers off your butt before being so insultant. We do not waste our time waiting for an album to come...

And for french guys : apprenez à lire messieurs ! Qu'est ce que vous ne comprenez pas dans cette chronique ???

Nikö Obsküre said:
OK guys...
Don't feel so frustrated not to have listened to the album yet... It's part of our cool things to be able to listen albums before others.
So please, try at least to understand before pouring your anger against us.

What's the point in your complaint ??? I think you should take your fingers off your butt before being so insultant. We do not waste our time waiting for an album to come...

And for french guys : apprenez à lire messieurs ! Qu'est ce que vous ne comprenez pas dans cette chronique ???
Why don't you spare us the crappy wannabe intellectualism and tell us if the album was good or not? :wave:

this album is excellent !
Really damn good :eek:)

With less dark part than on previous albums, much clarity I'd say. And what's strange is that even though Steven Wilson was not part of the process, "Ghost Reveries" sounds more Wilson-like than ever !
It's more prog rock oriented than ever, with much space.

Really intense et emotionnal.

So the only thing the review do is saying the same in a more pleasant way. Because some people like this and that's the way we do review.

Nikö Obsküre said:

With less dark part than on previous albums, much clarity I'd say. And what's strange is that even though Steven Wilson was not part of the process, "Ghost Reveries" sounds more Wilson-like than ever !

So the only thing the review do is saying the same in a more pleasant way. Because some people like this and that's the way we do review.

What do you think the best songs are?

What is baying of the hounds like? ^

and also how does The grand conjuration compare sound-wise with the rest?

Nikö Obsküre said:

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
At 2:20 in TGC it sounds like Mikael says "Stephen King"

Is the album heavy at all? It would be shame if Opeth turns into another Dream Theater or Symphony X. Both bands have made great albums but more extreme style of Opeth is one of their key elements and Opeth would not be Opeth if they have forget heaviness. But of course there can be more mellow parts but if GR will be completely progressive rock instead of extreme progressive metal, GR would be huge disappointment for me. I don't want Opeth to turn into soft progressive rock. But if it will be Octavarium part 2 I'm sure it will be better than DT's album. But i'm expecting something more extreme. I don't hate progressive rock (I like it a little) but Opeth should be heavier than those bands. But I'm not judging the album before listening it but if it is very mellow and soft I know that I won't like very much.

i have to agree with the Qtulhu. Opeth achieve such an extreme amount of dynamics from their metal "lineage" infused with their more proggy influences. This "ying-yang" makes them intruiging. Opeth MUST keep their extreme parts in order to continue their earned reputation of such an emotional band. I dont think they will change in this way from what ive heard of tgc. I'd be more than happy with an album similar to deliverance/bwp because thats what opeth ARE. They SHOULD experiment but they have forged a sound, unique and brilliant, if they are to change it i think it would be a great shame

That nikö guy is probably the most idiotic one this board has ever seen. Your review is nothing but boring and lacks information. Information is what reviews are for, you know that? We have all the right to insult you, because your review plain sucks. That post of yours includes more information than your entire review and you are the one feeling insulted... deciphering that french bullsh** and wasting 10 minutes of my life was the biggest insult of my life. Et j'apprenai à lire, monsieur skullfu**ed.

^haha nice one!

shame its true though, that review does suck. People read reviews to find out what is good in an album, why it is good, which tracks are good, what is distinctive of each track, the feel of the album, the production. NOT a multi-paragraphed account of nothing. sorry try again if you don't want to get continually insulted :s

I would like to know wha tyou think but please say it simply, coherently and concisely

oui. toutes les personnes ici voudraient un revue avec plus des detailles!

it doesnt have to be long but include a little detail on everything :)