Florida Powerfest with Theocracy

Miles Neff

Aug 4, 2009
Hey everyone!

I'm just wanting to let everyone know about Florida Powerfest. If will feature Circle II Circle, Theocracy, Seven Kingdoms and 6 other Florida based Power/Prog and Heavy Metal bands.

It will take place on November 14th at Club Bourbon Street in New Port Richie (Tampa Bay Area).

Check out the myspace if you want more information.

http://www.myspace.com/floridapowerfest

FloridaPowerfestFlyerFinalSMALLRESI.jpg

I get to share the stage with Theocracy at The Local in two weeks, so I will have to put in a request for you when I see them ;)

I might also have to mention that Laying The Demon To Rest and On Eagles' Wings are my personal favorites :D

Just wanna throw in that martyr should be played

I'm gonna do my best to be there

:headbang:

Never heard of any of them lol, but I wish I could make it, living up in NY with school makes that kind of impossible ;)

All the supporting bands are local Florida bands, either somewhat established in the music scene here, or just breaking into it.

With this fest, we're really wanting to jump-start the local Power Metal scene in Florida.

Maybe you will be able to make it down from NY to a fest later on.

We will be putting on this show at least annually, hopefully more often.

Cheers!

Haha, try living in Holcomb, Mississippi of all places...where preachers preach sermons about the evils of rock and metal music...

If I could come, I most certainly would. Glad for all of you who get to! :)

But they're power metal, how evil can they be, it's all good and righteous :D

LOL, seriously... :lol:
(dude, there's people here who think Steven Curtis Chapman is evil rock-'n-roll...O.O....what???)
My mom likes power metal, though. I stuck in Oceanborn and she fell in love with it. :headbang:
This is coming from a woman who wouldn't let us play with toy unicorns as kids because it was too "mystical." She would take them away and cut their horns off. I used to have to hide my fantasy books for fear she'd burn them. Luckily now she doesn't care so much, it was just as kids. She's think Within Temptation is demonic, though she LOVES Nightwish...
Which is funny to me considering WT is so much more mall goth/commercial/mainstream than NW...and I'm talking about old NW, as in Oceanborn/Wishmaster...

Then again, there's some musical similarities to power metal and Southern Gospel, so maybe that's the link... Whenever we sing hymns at church, I always think how simple it'd be to turn it into a power metal song, haha.

I also don't know why I talk so much on my posts. I'm suffering from internet-logorrhea.
ANYWAY. The end. *is silent*

I had the same ideas :D ...I mean thinking during mass something in the lines of "wow this would be a perfect time for a Theocracy choir interlude arrangement-thingy" or maybe making a gospel song into a power metal intro..

LOL, seriously... :lol:
(dude, there's people here who think Steven Curtis Chapman is evil rock-'n-roll...O.O....what???)
My mom likes power metal, though. I stuck in Oceanborn and she fell in love with it. :headbang:
This is coming from a woman who wouldn't let us play with toy unicorns as kids because it was too "mystical." She would take them away and cut their horns off. I used to have to hide my fantasy books for fear she'd burn them. Luckily now she doesn't care so much, it was just as kids. She's think Within Temptation is demonic, though she LOVES Nightwish...

doorwith demonic? :zombie: lol that's kind of funny. :loco:

Then again, there's some musical similarities to power metal and Southern Gospel, so maybe that's the link... Whenever we sing hymns at church, I always think how simple it'd be to turn it into a power metal song, haha.

I keep thinking about how awesome it would be to have them play mountain...

Like mountain music/bluegrass? Must agree, the speed is again similar.
If that's what you meant, lol.
Most any kind of Southern folk/gospel has a workable beat to make it one of the faster, more complex metals.