Theocracy w/ Blind Guardian at Florida Powerfest II - Dec 18

Hey Martyr's Crown - yeah he is SO cool! Saw him at the Joe Satriani show in Pompano and figured he was in town before the tour. Just like a regular guy! He took every photo / autograph request but I think most of his serious fans wanted to leave him alone and let him enjoy the show! The next week he had this party at his Rock N Roll Ribs in Coral Springs and just hung out with us all day.

Here is my facebook album of the day

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2089424&id=1023505699

He is probably still in town and I am going to go there tonight before church wearing the Mirror of Souls shirt. The waitresses there are starting to like it when I come in - I tip them real well!!!

Hoping he is there! :>)

As far as others - no Maiden guys but did get to meet Matt Smith and Val Wood which for me was just as cool!

Maybe you brothers can appreciate this - everyone here thinks I am insane! Funny thing - Christian friends don't seem to understand metal - it's BAD! Think for someone like Nicko [and I am sure so many others] is that their metal friends can't understand Christianity - it's BAD! Hey - as far as I am concerned You got gospel in my metal! You got metal in my gospel!
Jesus Christ and metal - two great tastes - tastes great together!

The thing that I was alluding to that maybe you can appreciate is that I really was hoping to have my local church host Theocracy after Powerfest and invite Nicko.... Love on all of them as they go out and have a great night of metal. But alas - the master Promoter has others plans!

Would have been cool, no? I think I was pretty close at one point.....

You can be sure if that I see him again the only thing coming out of my mouth is let Theocracy open for you in Ft. Lauderdale:>)

Now I have some videos I can show him

God is good!

(There's an Edit button, you know... ;)) Nice words, though. I was aware of Nicko's Christianity; unfortunately, that interveiw question makes it seem like he's the only Christian band member. Sad...

Hey MC - true that! :>) Here's what I got guys - the Maiden concert is on 4/16 [Sat] in Fort Lauderdale. Mila, my waitress at Nicko's place, told me tonight that there is going to be another party the day before or after. Maiden may play she says. I was right behind Nicko - can you imagine Maiden??? No promises but Nicko will play! Worth flying down for - lots of people did just for the party a few weeks ago. But what if the guys were up to it and we could somehow arrange a Theocracy show at a local place called the Culture Room that reminds me a bit of the State Theatre. Maybe bit smaller. Firday Theocracy / Saturday Maiden [and Theocracy???] / and Sunday Rock and Roll Ribs with a few hundred close friends... Anyone interested? Guys would you be up to it?

OK maybe the Maiden + Theocracy thing is a LONG shot but here is something that would be really cool - what if you guys learned a few songs off the new Maiden album and showed up to the party and i have a high degree of confidence that he would jam with you and maybe even let all you play a few songs [he prefers to mingle while others jam...]

Hmmm.......

Ok - maybe I am crazy! But if for whatever reason maybe even I could get in their ear - wore Mirror of Souls shirt in there last night! - starting to know the mgr... Guys will be in town can they play a few songs.....

What about a Theocrasized Transylvania off the first album? Sneak it in? Fans would go nuts! Would get attention?

Selfiishly, I would be interested to see what Val and the guys would do with it!

Plus - no lyrical "issues" for weaker Theocracy bros out there? No disrespect but the lyrics don't effect me now [unless I listen nonstop without any Christian discipline [study / prayer / fellowship] or balance to keep me centered - but that could be anything..]. Still - want to pay attention to Romans 14...

Lot of people don't know Steve writes about literature and horror movies. The enemy has been able to use their music though... I can say that because it happened to me at 15 before I knew Christ [was 22 - thanks Charles Stanley!]

And they don't believe it seems from the Nicko Wiki. Still - love them..... Just stay away from lyrics unless the Spirit directs?

Would be better in front of 12000 fans!!

Of course I in no way have any clue what the guys are up to or if they would be interested, but I think they may be....

BTW delete this if Eddie isn't welcome! :>)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course if there were interest a rehearsal video of such a thing could be most helpful up front.....

Gospel + metal.... Two great tastes, taste great together

Dude...I ...want....the Maiden crowd....I want to open for Iron Mai................................................................MOM!? SANTA!? I have something I'd like to share with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Val! I am praying hard. Wouldn't be me though and I think we are already His slaves! Just doing the next thing He shows me! Keep tuned to this board... If you guys could do something with Transylvania [maybe not even for website] and get me the video it would go a long way! On another front I am working to get you guys some support from my church [big church.... edgy ministries...]

Dude I WILL show it to anyone that listens and BEG them to let you play it live in front of the crowd!!!!

PEACE LOVE and THEOCRACY!

Hey Bros

I hope that it is not inappropriate to take up this much space on a message board. If it is let me know - I am definitely a non-participant in online communities until now!

Truth is - tough Christmas - separated from wife / alienated from daughter... Enemy has had his way in our home but the war is not over...

Pouring myself into this is better than the alternatives! Having fun and learning a lot from Him!

Last night after Rock and Roll Ribs I went to worship at our churches Festival of Joy. Wore my Mirror of Souls shirt there too.

The original vision the Lord gave me regarding Theocracy had something to do with them playing here like I said in an earlier post. This is from the outside event [awesome] last night and I thought was so ironic. This is the stage it would have happened.... Would have been fun if Theocracy opened with O Come...!

I love my church.....

Truth is - it isn't ready for Theocracy though... Or maybe I am wrong. Have had real hard time getting through to Pastor Clay [behind the piano]. Know they have been really busy putting this together. Still - when posted some Theocracy videos on the FB page the admin took down and wouldn't even answer me why! Not mad - understand - they are skeered.... :eek:

Just kidding - think things happen the way they happen.... And I trust the leadership of our Church and the Lord in their work. He will bring it to them when and if He wants in His timing. Seen it happen too many times in the 15+ years I have been there...

So - here's the plan - over the next few days I am going to post the whole service from last night on my YouTube channel. If you don't have a church home or just want to spend some time in worship, it is a really good service. Pastor Bob's message is pure gospel - lot of visitors. Great message,,,

Will put together playlist that plays whole service in order like I did Theocracy show, Hoping to have done tonight / tomm morning.

I am going to put a link on the CCFL FB page to the service and when they link to it there will be quite a few Theocracy bits for them to dive into - at least the ones who I am trying to reach.

I had a chance to do that last night just to see what would happen. Having done a lot of work with youth in the past and having teens myself I am close to the youth pastor at one of our satelite churches [yep - satellite church..] and I hung out with him and the drummer from the inhouse band- cool kid - that did get the stage after the message [as people were leaving] and showed them some of the sick parts in Martyr.

The reactions were exactly what I expected - youth pastor - yeo that's metal - kid - dude that's SICK big eyes. I said dang right it is - Theocracy - tell Pastor Clay - we need to get them down here. BIGGEST win would be Theocracy Friday night at our church with amazing acoustics followed by Maiden and Rock and Roll Ribs,,,

Could happen - the Lord told me that our Pastor was going to give me a verse and I pushed Him on it - I needed a verse - and He gave m e II Timothy 2:25-26. This was Thursday. Sunday on the way to Rock and Roll Ribs I was "attending" church on the internet and he used the verse.

Sounded like confirmation to me!

Our Pastor will really dig that story and I am really hoping he remembers about what time when he was preparing for the message that he got that verse. I do. I am going to write it down and ask him that question if I ever get an ear and if he says the time - pull out the paper and MINDFREAK.

I think we would have him then....

Anyway - like I said - all pipe dreams but who knows what will happen? There are so many ways it could go - invite Nicko? Huge latino outreach...

Big push I would try and do for the guys and may even help offset any expenses would to be to get the guys a TOP notch production quality video....

Pray!

Brothers - if you aren't part of a fellowship then please consider finding one. If you aren't, why not take about an hour and enjoy the service?

Later!

Last edited by a moderator:
One last thing - that thing that I said about being the Lord's slave earlier isn't really accurate. We are slaves, though. Slaves to righteousness or slaves to sin. No real middle ground it seems [Romans 6]. We are free to yield to either because His blood made us free from the curse :>) We have a choice. I really have a hard time making the right choice probably way over half the time [Romans 7]. Thank God for Jesus [Romans 8].

I have a feeling that you guys are mature enough to have gleened that, but just in case! Read it - three awesome chapters.....

You know - there really should be a metal church.....