Folk/Folk Rock Recommendations.

A great folk album I've been loving recently is Bon Iver's "For Emma, Forever Ago", released last year. The album has such a relaxed, emotional feel to it. If there's anybody that hasn't heard it, I highly recommend it - one of the best folk rock albums of the year, along with Calexico's "Carried to Dust" and the self-titled Fleet Foxes debut.

agree 110%. This album is great. I recently bought his Blood Bank ep, which is good as well. I'm really looking forward to Bon Iver's future recordings, and hopefully I'll have a chance to see him when he's at radio city music hall next month.

agree 110%. This album is great. I recently bought his Blood Bank ep, which is good as well. I'm really looking forward to Bon Iver's future recordings, and hopefully I'll have a chance to see him when he's at radio city music hall next month.
I've heard that it's a weird experience seeing him live. He apparently plays every song with more of an upbeat tone, and just generally faster and louder than the studio recordings. It'd be interesting to see how it works - I mean, Iron & Wine is famous for being one of the most chilled out, beautifully mellow folk musicians around, but in his live shows he usually has an entire band of up to 10 people playing with him, and some of his live recordings are better than album versions. If Bon Iver can pull it off in a similar style, it should be brilliant. He's been rumoured for Latitude festival in the summer, so hopefully I'll get a chance to see him.