For the Agalloch fans....

Can't argue with that lol.

So who broke down and listened to the leak? *raises hand*

Me! I'm still trying to get the feel for the album. It's dark with more traditional black metal sections, although as a whole I would just call it dark metal. I'm reluctant to call this a masterpiece and on the same level as pale folklore, the mantle and even some of AATG. It does lack clean vocals in most of the songs, which is a disappointment since they've become an integral part of Agalloch's songs. It has it's moments of genius though and it seems to get better with each listen, which is always a good sign.

I think its better than Ashes but right now I still like Pale Folklore and The Mantle better (that could change). I know Don Anderson was saying that he wasn't happy with the sound quality of the leak so I look forward to hearing how it's meant to sound. Into The Painted Grey is amazing and is probably one of my top 5 Agalloch songs now. The lack of clean vocals doesn't bother me, their weren't much on Pale Folklore either.

^glad to hear some good reviews, hopefully it is a "grow on you" type of album since those frequently become my all time favorites.

i didnt like a bunch of songs off AAtG the first few times i heard it, but eventually, things stuck out and now i have a hard time thinking of albums i like more than it :lol: same with the mantle

I liked AATG but LOVED The Mantle, and after listening to the new album once I am very pleased. Need to listen to the whole thing again, but I did find the amount of clean vocals surprising. Thus far the music is definitely more memorable than the last album, it really has that special Agalloch vibe to it: haunting, ethereal, somber, and dark.

this is what i found

From Profound Lore:

AGALLOCH's much anticipated new full-length
"Marrow Of The Spirit" is upon us. For those who keep emailing us etc.
as to if there will be any pre-orders, if there will be a special edition wooden box set with crayons or a colouring book or whatever, or when will the vinyl be available etc. please let it be known that prior to the album's official Nov 23rd North American release date, hopefully a few weeks beforehand, we will have "Marrow Of The Spirit" available to o rder through our website. There will be no speciallimited edition.

You can preorder the limited edition CD from play.com as well if you live in the UK. Amazon UK had it available for a while as well.

I really like this album.

I'm actually seeing Agalloch next week in Los Angeles. I've heard really mixed reviews about their live performances... but... it's not like Agalloch plays tons of shows.

My only worry about the show, however, is that the original venue was apparently shut down for whatever reason (I think it was liquor license related, but I could be wrong) and the new venue is a restaurant where people basically have wedding parties, right next to LAX. It could be pretty interesting...

I'm going to the Portland show tomorrow and the Seattle show the next night. I've seen Agalloch 3-4 times now and they always put on a good show and spend plenty of time socializing with fans. They're not the most technically proficient live band but they also don't pretend to be. Agalloch isn't a full time band, these guys have full time jobs and aren't able to record and rehearse as much as a lot of other bands. They sound a lot better than most bands would under similar circumstances.