for those that enjoy Orphaned Land...

Demonspell said:
That's a very odd combination of bands, but if Orphaned Land comes anywhere near my area, I'm going...

Very odd indeed!
They are playing Brazil in march as well... But it's going to be Kreator, Shaman (not Orphaned Land) and Tristania... LOL

One of the best $15 I ever spent. Without a doubt a flawless middle-eastern death metal. This is a band that will never get boring to me. Too bad a trip to Mexico is out of the question for me...

Orphaned Land is probably number one on my list of bands I hope to see on the ProgPower roster. (Along with Pain of Salvation, but I really doubt they're playing)

Same here. And they're STILL on my list of "hope-fors" for ProgPower. They were actually the band I thought I had the best chance of sponsoring this year; Therion ended up being an equally pleasant surprise in that department. :)

Basically it takes money and commitment....more specifically, commitment to the festival, which is why I first wanted to be a sponsor in the first place: I realized that Glenn was rewriting metal history here in the States, I already knew him online through various prog circles, and I decided PPUSA was worthy of more commitment than just buying a Gold Badge. ProgPower is proof that, even in today's managed, corporate music environment, one guy with a vision can still make a difference.

tattooedsean666 said:
what does it take and what is involved with being a sponser? I swear that riverside and orphaned land are my 2 hopefuls, if not for this year, for a future progpower:Spin:

yeah Riverside had to cancel their appearance at NEARFEST this year due to lack of proof of citizenship from where they live to acquire passports. But maybe by next year they will have it.

Kyle

I'll check out OL's board. Especially late tomorrow night, when I won't be able to do anything else but visit message boards and wait for two more bands to be announced.

WHOA. Look!

Originally posted on the Orphaned Land forum by Ko B
- I hope we will come to the U.S.A in 2005 and before that to South America.

My hope for Orphaned Land to play PP just increased tenfold.

Soundscape said:
they are band I am very intrigued by after hearing samples. Finally a band who may be tastefully combining middle-eastern ethnic music and metal.

Kyle

Glad to see others appreciative of Orphaned Land. I had it at my #1 spot of 2004 on our 'zine, RC. Overall, it came third, just after Drudkh and Ayreon.

If you want to go slightly more extreme, you MUST check out the band, Melechesh. Absolutley stunning stuff....start with "Sphynx". I reviewed it if you're interested.

DementiaGuitar said:
My hope for Orphaned Land to play PP just increased tenfold.

Yeah, it would be nice if Glenn went for more 'not so polished at Finnvox' acts but then I suppose there would be 3 of us left watching the show. Both Orphaned Land and Hammers of Misfortune would be good candidates for PP. One day maybe... *crosses fingers*

I also wonder if Glenn knows about the Greek band Wastefall? ProgMaiden a few weeks brought them up on the Portnoy forum and now finally havinbg the chance to hear samples from their site: http://www.wastefall.com I gotta say, I hope they are on Glenn's list. They have an obvious PoS influence..the vocalist has a similar style to Daniel Gildenlow along with Zak Stevens and Michael Tangerman from Superior.

Kyle

Soundscape said:
I also wonder if Glenn knows about the Greek band Wastefall?

Kyle

Awesome disc. The problem is that I didn't hear it until last week through a friend. If the band would have submitted it earlier, I dare say they would have gotten strong consideration.

Glenn H

Harvester said:
Awesome disc. The problem is that I didn't hear it until last week through a friend. If the band would have submitted it earlier, I dare say they would have gotten strong consideration.

Glenn H

damn, o well. Their disc is supposedly pretty scarce currently (The Lasers Edge nor The End Records have it I guess).

Maybe for PP VII though? :)

Kyle

You know, I wasn't going to click that Wastefall link, because my list of CDs I want is getting too long. But you had to go and say there is a PoS influence. Now I HAVE to check them out!

Look! Glenn posted in the Orphaned Land thread and didn't say that they aren't playing!

...Of course I'm not being over-analytical...:D