For those who fail to recognize the power of Opeth

Nov 13, 2001
Visit site
I’m not going to waste my precious time convincing you that Opeth is the greatest band in the world. I’ve got only one small advice. Spend 10 minutes each day standing on your head. Your musical tastes will be greatly improved as more and more blood flows through your brain cells.

Okay, now you can be quiet.

Opeth are my favourite band but I'm not going to take this arrogant approach to it.

Lately I havn't been listening to them, so what?

There are other great bands - open your eyes. Then again I guess that 10 minutes upside-down every day hardly helped your mental state :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Misanthrope
I dont blame this pathetic soul, i blame all this fucking forum for his fault, for each and everyone of you stupid elitist opeth fanboys have created this kinds of monsters.

What do you expect when each fucking newbie comes here and see's all of you around a little mr. Å shrine saying the entire still life booklet ( that includes the credits ) by memory as a prayer and trowing molotov cocktails to anyone who enters and says " opeth is good but they (instert a flaw here ) " but of course, none of you ever has the balls to say fuck off dude dont talk shit about opeth, instead you just said "haha, you pathetic dumb soul, leave now for you inferior creator are not even worthy to behold the beauty of our goodly music"

This is just bullshit im fucking sick of everyone here, all of you have a bit of this extensive desolation inside of you when you close your minds and trow away the key even knowing opeth has been selling you the same fucking thing for the last 3 albums.

the ENTIRE forum deserves to be flamed, not just this extensive desolation guy.
Amen.

Oh, shut up. Your first thread could possibly be deemed as the outpourings of opinion (admittedly one that leaves you in the category useless skin)...

But this is just you being an idiot. So heres my suggestion.

Your evidently not enjoying Opeth enough, so I suggest you spend all day standing on your head, so you can have real brain power to dissect dem tunes. Needless to say, you shouldn't be using a computer, as that just distracts you.

Thats it. All day, on your head, nowhere near a computer. Enjoy.

INDEED! if there is one thing im tired of on this board, it's these people who think they're so god dammed smart! annoying bastards
Well, Opeth board is certainly blessed in the fact that it doesn't have many of those among it's posters.

Wow....this is kind of ridiculous. Opeth is a band. Yes they are a good band. Some people like them, some people don't like them and some people are in the middle. People overreact to this shit. If you don't like Opeth then don't participate in the forum. And for those people who freak out when somebody criticizes the band, just remember that everyone has their own opinions and musical tastes. By the way, Opeth happen to be my favorite band along with Arcturus.

Originally posted by extensive desolation
I’m not going to waste my precious time convincing you that Opeth is the greatest band in the world. I’ve got only one small advice. Spend 10 minutes each day standing on your head. Your musical tastes will be greatly improved as more and more blood flows through your brain cells.
the tree fucks you in the face and in the mouth. sutures open. people coming out of them, armslegs swinging. holes in the middle of the station and two worms.

They're my favorite band, but.. this has that ring to it, of the times when people say "<X prog band> sucks!" and the obsessed fans go "It's not my fault if it goes over your head, you philistine!"

It's not like it takes any brain power to enjoy music. Most of it is just getting used to it and finding something you like in it, if it's unusual to you. 95% of my favorite bands took me like months to get into after hearing them the first time. If some crackhead was telling me how my musical tastes were stunted and I needed more blood to my brain to enjoy it, I'd probably have deleted the .mp3s and stabbed him.

I love how opeth fans (some of them I mean) think they're so smart for listening to it. And everyone who doesn't must be a moron who only likes blast beats. It's good music, but it's not my favorite, and not the best (because thats only an opinion). Idiot people like you don't convince people about anything, most of the time it makes people listen to the band less. Listening to it doesn't make you anything special. One idiot said not everyone can fully appreciate it (or some bullshit like that). Thought he was smarter because he liked it.

i like opeth dudes, but i'm really sick and tired of their recipe (acoustics then heavy parts....heavy parts then acoustics....) it's always like this...you know what i mean? i know this is opeth's style but...anyway...i'm giving a break.

Originally posted by extensive desolation

No, i think ill spend 10 weeks launching attacks at this forum for every message you post, until it suffers the faith Omir mentioned.

Time for subtle crap is over motherfuckers, either the opeth forum stops this asshole or they all go down with it, in fact we ALL go down with it and you can fucking count on that.