for those who like Lilitu... Blood Promise

I just had a thought, i could imaginae this without the piano start, coming in on 7 seconds with the riff! I reckon it was sound way powerful! But who the fuck am i to comment on another bands music :lol:

kev said:
I just had a thought, i could imaginae this without the piano start, coming in on 7 seconds with the riff! I reckon it was sound way powerful! But who the fuck am i to comment on another bands music :lol:
actually that is the point of having the piano there... to make the guitars all the more powerful when they come in.

kev said:
i'd agree with that! But i thought drums were fine, snare a bit bassy/ hi and mids cut on it which is not my fav sound,
glad you like the drums, but sorry to disappoint about the snare... the highs and mids were not cut. anyway, i'll redirect you now to my initial thread post... didn't put this up for critique... just for those who like Lilitu to hear what they have done.

James Murphy said:
glad you like the drums, but sorry to disappoint about the snare... the highs and mids were not cut. anyway, i'll redirect you now to my initial thread post... didn't put this up for critique... just for those who like Lilitu to hear what they have done.

Yep i know man :kickass: Just expressing my thoughts on the snare :p

kev said:
Oh rite. It just sounds quite deep on my system :)
it is deep.. as i like it... but has plenty of highs and enough mids as well. not a perfect snare sound by the standards andy sets around here.. but a nice one that i am quite happy with.

James Murphy said:
actually that is the point of having the piano there... to make the guitars all the more powerful when they come in.
that was what i was expecting when i heard that intro, and it put a smile on my face because i *knew* it was going to explode a few seconds later.

the track really has depth to it...

James Murphy said:
hey thanks, but i didn't play on this at all, i just produced. don't agree about the drums at all.. i hate clicky drums and these are not clicky in the least.. i'm far more happy with the drums on this than the guitar to be honest. the snare has quite a bit of attack to it, but not "clicky". kick and toms couldn't be farther from "clicky". the guitar sound is just ok.. not great, just decent.... i will sort that for the album to come.

Yeah, I think I confused 'clicky' with 'bassy'. So I'd agree with the bassy person commenter. The snare needed a bit of higher register or something. But yeah, just nitpicking. :p

Static said:
Yeah, I think I confused 'clicky' with 'bassy'. So I'd agree with the bassy person commenter. The snare needed a bit of higher register or something. But yeah, just nitpicking. :p
ummm... no. maybe you would like it so, but it does not need to be so. this is why i SPECIFIED that this was NOT put up for critique. enjoy the music or ignore... you see? lol.. it's a simple premise, stated clearly. does this mean i feel i know better than you what this should sound like? yes, it does.:p the snare used was a DW that is both very deep and had plenty of nice sharp attack... i chose it out of 12 snares here for that very reason.

Great song James. I loved the Lilitu stuff you posted last time, and this is great too.

Let us know when there's an album available for me to buy. It's great they're doing something a little different too, and not just following the dreadful emoMetal thing that seems to be going on right now. ;)

Muttley

John Haddad (Shiva Industries) said:
What kind of console is that I see? do you mix on it? Or do you just track thru it - or none of the above? I'm looking to upgrade is why I ask....
it's an SSL 4040 E/G+. i track with it and mix ITB, though i've started breaking out in stems and summing with the SSL as well.

So a new band really. They have changed their sound a good bit over the years. They should re-record or remaster The Earth Gods CD. Man that was a melodic Black metal masterpeice. Great work Mr. Murphy and thanks for sharing the tracks. :headbang:

stiffy0000 said:
So a new band really. They have changed their sound a good bit over the years. They should re-record or remaster The Earth Gods CD. Man that was a melodic Black metal masterpeice. Great work Mr. Murphy and thanks for sharing the tracks. :headbang:

I would not say it was a black metal masterpeice. We literally spent no time on it, and the recording was $500, lol.

ruinandmisery said:
I would not say it was a black metal masterpeice. We literally spent no time on it, and the recording was $500, lol.

isn't that what makes a good black metal album? low budget? :heh:
I have one of the old Lilitu demo tapes myself. It's actually on a cassette lol.