Forgotten 80's thrash classics

Christ, these files are barely listenable! I'm going through the Tank on selection regardless :)

markgugs said:
Also, I had Vio-lence's debut on cassette.
I got that :) I'd recommend it to everyone, heavy as fuck.

As far as obscure thrash bands go, I frequently tell people about A Taste Of Armageddon, a compilation of underground UK Thrash bands from 1989. 10 bands, none of which had ever appeared on vinyl before. None of them really made an impact, but there were some incredibly hot songs on there...my particular favourites were Treason, Deviant, Arbitrater and Treason. Kudos to the others - Snyper, First Blood, Wreckage, Resentment, Warpspeed and Purgatory. I know that Treason had an EP, Metal Messiah one album and Arbitrater two, and when I'm not distracted and have £ I'll be doing my best to track down copies....

By the way, Erik, did you ever check out EXIT TO ETERNITY? Tell me you did for the love of goat...they play live almost monthly now in NYC.

I'm not sure if they have any copies of their classic demo now (these are circulating around the Brooklyn underground, and a few regulars here managed to get a copy - check with the band to see if any are left), but they're also currently in the process of getting a new demo completed with little ol' Jack Frost at the production helm.

I did a review for them too. *cough*

I HAEV OEN,,, I AM TEH WIN!!!!!11111111

Exit to Eternity is incredible, reminds me of a more technical version of Sepultura's glory days.

It was supposed to be Erik's avatar buzzing him wrong about the power metal thing, but my outdated html skills are too weak for UM.com's php power. :erk:

*NAD never tries to be clever ever ever again*

JayKeeley said:
I'm not sure if they have any copies of their classic demo now (these are circulating around the Brooklyn underground, and a few regulars here managed to get a copy - check with the band to see if any are left), but they're also currently in the process of getting a new demo completed with little ol' Jack Frost at the production helm.
Fuck yes :cool:

JayKeeley said:
By the way, Erik, did you ever check out EXIT TO ETERNITY? Tell me you did for the love of goat...they play live almost monthly now in NYC.
Ali, I forgot to tell you I saw all of E2E at a Gov't Mule show right before NYE. I was shocked to say the least.

markgugs said:
Ali, I forgot to tell you I saw all of E2E at a Gov't Mule show right before NYE. I was shocked to say the least.
They were in the audience? That's cool! One day we should organize a night out with all us NY/NJ residents here to an Exit to Eternity show. They normally have a bunch of locals bands on their rosters like Damon Morder. :headbang:

Support the local bands and that kind of thing...!

JayKeeley said:
They were in the audience? That's cool! One day we should organize a night out with all us NY/NJ residents here to an Exit to Eternity show. They normally have a bunch of locals bands on their rosters like Damon Morder. :headbang:

Support the local bands and that kind of thing...!
Yep, just chillin'

The really nice kid, the one with glasses, has a HOT ASS girlfriend with a really HOT ASS. Did I mention she had a really HOT ASS?

markgugs said:
The really nice kid
:lol: You mean the 17 year old, as opposed to the 16 year old? Poor guys can't even have a beer at their own show!

the one with glasses, has a HOT ASS girlfriend with a really HOT ASS. Did I mention she had a really HOT ASS?
You mention her ass, but I have to ask, was it hot? :D I bet she was 17 or something too. Damn. This is what happens when you play guitar in a band.

JayKeeley said:
:lol: You mean the 17 year old, as opposed to the 16 year old? Poor guys can't even have a beer at their own show!

You mention her ass, but I have to ask, was it hot? :D I bet she was 17 or something too. Damn. This is what happens when you play guitar in a band.
I hope she wasn't that young! I could be imprisoned for a long, long time simply for the thoughts I just had. :p