Fortin Natas - MEATAL!!

Getting some reamps done through this thing. If it goes well I'll have a few albums/CDs done through it in the next few months.

To those who will say 'yeah great, but it's just another flavor to add to the existing line-up' etc. The thing is... if you've ever managed to get a high gain tone like that by only using a multiband to control lows and a slight bump in the high mids, then you've done something I haven't dreamed possible. I've mic'ed amps for years, and for even more years been looking for the right reamps. With my own stuff I would have to cut and boost ~3dB all over the spectrum to be satisfied, and with most external reamps I've had to cut/boost in excess of 7dB to get something passable... so to hear this, with so little alleged processing just gives me hope again. I'm unaware of any amp that presently exists that injects so little junk in the tone.

Can't wait to get the tracks back and play around with them...

Btw, 1:50 of Ola's video. I absolutely love it. It has that 'oil tank scraping across concrete' sound I love from Chaosphere (even without the grindy bass!).

On that note, Scott has the best sounding British voiced amp in the world. Mike's Cali Mod on his SLP is really the most fantastic, cutting, saturated Marshall tone you could ever ask for. It inspired me to have Mike Fortin make me an amp based off of his mods, but entirely handbuilt.

I'm pretty excited to own two of the best amps in the world, in my opinion.

This reminds me, I have like 18 days of vacation booked through the end of the year that I have to burn and maybe one day can be used hanging with you and the cali mod. A nice studio clip would be killer and we can tell Mike for every view he can knock off 5 cents off of our Natas orders for advertisement fees:D

I have some heavier ideas we can lay down, text me cause I lost your number and we'll talk :bah:

About the price....................not many parts are off the shelf with Mike's builds. The transformers cost as much as a used 5150 alone and when you take the other parts that sum up the amp he is not making a killing with each amp sale. I totally understand the sticker shock but when you learn what it took to design this amp and what it does it makes sense. I have a great example of mike's mod work and his Bones amp in shear volume just leveled my SLP.

You place something like an ENGL Savage next to the Natas and bring those amps up in volume you will understand.

Getting some reamps done through this thing. If it goes well I'll have a few albums/CDs done through it in the next few months.

To those who will say 'yeah great, but it's just another flavor to add to the existing line-up' etc. The thing is... if you've ever managed to get a high gain tone like that by only using a multiband to control lows and a slight bump in the high mids, then you've done something I haven't dreamed possible. I've mic'ed amps for years, and for even more years been looking for the right reamps. With my own stuff I would have to cut and boost ~3dB all over the spectrum to be satisfied, and with most external reamps I've had to cut/boost in excess of 7dB to get something passable... so to hear this, with so little alleged processing just gives me hope again. I'm unaware of any amp that presently exists that injects so little junk in the tone.

Honestly, I wonder if it perhaps could (also) be the T75's having that affect on the tone? Since I honestly find them less fizzy (more sizzly) than V30's, and I know how much you like CJ's old Fireball clips w/ the 1960...just a thought anyway, I'm sure the amp still kicks ass!

Btw, 1:50 of Ola's video. I absolutely love it. It has that 'oil tank scraping across concrete' sound I love from Chaosphere (even without the grindy bass!).

Hey dude. I understand your point. And trust me, I understand the amazing quality of this amp if it's so easy to process etc and sound so great. But it doesn't change the fact that not everyone is going to want that sound. That's all I myself was saying in my post anyway. It's amazing no doubt, I'm just saying it's another amp which sound a certain way and is awesome in the ways it aims to sound. That's it.

The fact that you are never happy with the reamps you've recieved etc is really simply because you yourself aren't the one micing up the cab/ doing the settings etc. If so many engineers/ producers whatever are pulling so many great tones, then that's because they know what to do to pull the best out of these amps, so would be the same for yourself dude. This amp may make it easy for you to get reamps done, but it doesn't change anything overall if you were given the facility to reamp yourself with any amp you like etc :S

@Marcus: Undoubtedly. Been a while since I considered that I may actually not like V30s. I instantly recalled back a few years ago where on a project we shot out a Kelly cab with V30s and the old Marshall 1960A which I used to mic up all the time, and I preferred the Marshall by far. The thing is that the T75s have their own harsh frequency spikes, but they also seem to have a lot less junk in the mid region which naturally creates space for vox and bass grit (mmm). This amp head seems to have a good effect with those speakers, and I'm sure Jocke's skill at mic'ing came into play too. It wasn't a 57 used here either was it?

$3,700.. is that it? Rectifiers go for more than that here. Slo100s go for up to 3 times as much here... $3,700 is pocket change.
+1 I'd be quite happy to pay this much for one of these fortins. And that's before happily paying for shipping.

Hahaha, these raws sound fucking sick. I didn't even think this was possible after all the reamping I've been through. I can feel life getting easier in the future... Jocke, take my money and clients ye prick.

This amp compresses just as soon as it sounds like the cab is going to fart out... how the hell did he design it to do that??

Ola, do you by chance have the drums, bass, vox tracks all ready to go for this song? I'd be happy to mix this just for fun before I get the new record mix started next week. I feel all giddy listening to these.

@Jocke: Can we put obZen through this? It would be fitting for one of the best metal albums of all time to have one of the best amps of all time on it, especially since it can take the 8 strings!

Thanks for the mp3, the office walls will be shaking all day today!

4 more months.........................

Call me crazy, but I am really not diggin' this amp. Something about the hi-mids just doesn't grind well with me.

I would love to hear this through a Mesa OS.

Call me crazy, but I am really not diggin' this amp. Something about the hi-mids just doesn't grind well with me.

I would love to hear this through a Mesa OS.

Well the high mids, isn't a default setting you know, and also a mic placement change might change the character a lot. What you CAN hear is how it react to his playing and how fat his palm mutes are. Without anything solid state in the picture.

Oh yeah, we tweaked the amp settings for at least three minutes before we hit record. ;)

Therefore, you're not having a problem with the amp, but rather the mic position and the G12 T75 speaker.

I'm just glad that me and Ola created a storm that took less than 30 minutes to set up. :)

can't really judge an amp from a single clip, from what I hear this amp seems to be killer.
I'm way more impressed with Jocke's t75 micing skills though...my attempts usually sound somewhat hollow and fizzy...just lacking the punch and"urgency" a v30 has.
Jocke, care to tell me a bit about t75 micing? your favorite mics, positions etc?