Forum Meeting

Someone else will buy me my ticket, so I won't be of much help here, but rest assured, Cuthalion, you'll get your ticket one way or another if you just manage to haul your ass to Milan next Friday - I'll give you my word. So just stop worrying.

-Villain

Thanks for the reassuring words Villain,
see you next week then :)

@siren

i sent you an PM :)

i'll be at the venue by 3-4 pm, depending on the road jams of milan.
i'll be wearing a DT-Italita T-Shirt

btw, are we/you planning to print out this 'pass' so to get to recognize each other more easily?

i sadly cant make it: too much work for college...

worst of it all, i might not even make it in Cologne because i have classes at 8:00 the next day and i am not really willing to miss that one

i sadly cant make it: too much work for college...

worst of it all, i might not even make it in Cologne because i have classes at 8:00 the next day and i am not really willing to miss that one

What will you tell your grandkids?

"Oh, that was THE day when I saw dt live on the last Fiction tour" or "This was another day when I went to bed around 9 PM, because I had classes at 8 in the morning"?

:lol:

You, regular people, never cease to amuze and amaze me.

True story: I missed only one show this year (Amorphis), and I really regret it, to be honest. Yeah, that was another long day at the office and some problems occured just before the end of the day, so after all I just didn't go to the show =/

And it was quite a performance... during and especially after (when vodka made it's appearance).

i dont go to bed at 9 pm :p . but going to gigs in an other city with public transport sucks, it means i cant be home before 2 or 3am if the band plays as headliner, if i can get the last train. And 4 hours sleep is definitely not enough.

i only have classes at 8 in the morning 1 time a week, and unfortunately, it has to be the day next to the concert... And i have fucked up too many exams already, i dont want to fuck up this Semester too.

i dont go to bed at 9 pm :p . but going to gigs in an other city with public transport sucks, it means i cant be home before 2 or 3am if the band plays as headliner, if i can get the last train. And 4 hours sleep is definitely not enough.

i only have classes at 8 in the morning 1 time a week, and unfortunately, it has to be the day next to the concert... And i have fucked up too many exams already, i dont want to fuck up this Semester too.

Having no means to get a ride is an issue sometimes, so I'll give you a pass this time.

Okay, I'm pretty much ready to start my journey to Milan; I'll be leaving for Helsinki early tomorrow morning and won't be able to access internet all the time. Most of you should have my cellphone-number by now, so use it if you miss me.

I just googled "Milan weather" and it seems it's very rainy and hot as hell (well, relatively speaking - it's near zero degrees Celcius here right now) there, so I guess I need to think over what kind of clothes I'll bring with me...

Anyways, to all you who are coming: see you soon! :)

And to all you who won't come: well, sucks to be you! :p

-Villain

I'm leaving tomorrow noon as well, will be in Milan late in the evening.
However, since i have to be in hospital the whole morning, i won't be online since today midnight. Any contact after that should be done through phone or hand gestures (and i don't mean touching, you filthy bastards!).

I'll try to bring as few clothes as possible, so it's more than certain that i'll freeze my ass off. 10C for me is polar weather.

I will be leaving in one hour. Excitement is growing and becoming unbearable.

I'll be there too, now it's 100% confirmed! i'll be wearing blue jeans, leather jacket and if it's warm enough I'll be wearing my Dark Tranquillity Italia t-shirt, so it should be easy for you to recognize me. Btw, I'm 1,73m, long blond hair and a dreadlock on my neck.

People, don't forget the ruler, or you'll never find him!

:lol:
No, but seriously, I think it's less common around here to mention one's height by approximation. It must be because your measures are - how should I put it - shorter. About five feet or about six feet is far more reasonable than about one meter or about two meters, especially if you consider that anyone who's two-meter tall needs absolutely no name tag to be found.

Edit: for reference, 5 ft = 1,50 m ; 5,5 = 1,65 m ; 6 = 1,85 m.

Yes, but it's also not like you can only approximate to the nearest metre. Maybe Plintus was commenting more on the second decimal place rather than the first, since 1.73 is pretty much indistinguishable from 1.70 (or 1.75 if you're that way inclined). Or maybe he wasn't, and he only ever measures things using one of those wheel things that you push along and it makes a click every metre.

Please take and post pictures, so we can live vicariously through you!
So I'm not the only one getting nostalgic about a DT forum meeting? Hurrah!

Have fun chaps and chapesses.

:kickass:

Yes, but it's also not like you can only approximate to the nearest metre. Maybe Plintus was commenting more on the second decimal place rather than the first, since 1.73 is pretty much indistinguishable from 1.70 (or 1.75 if you're that way inclined).

Wouldn't you say it's pretty common to use the second decimal as well? Because I hear it all the time, and at least two or three of such times it's not the funny voices in my head providing the humorous commentary to what I'm watching on TV.