Forum Meeting

After my post and Cuthalion's the context wasn't that impossible to fathom, you know... :p
And i'm sure from your posts it could be inferred that i used the word "geeks". :p

Anyway, i do have a decent camera but it was not compact enough for this kind of thing and it doesn't really belong to me. Getting a small one for these situations is now in the plans, but with all the trip expenses (i ended up spending way more than i initially thought) it was not possible at all to get one now. Next time!

Wasn't she supposed to be on your ignore-list. :guh:

What is this world coming to, one can't even trust the word of the silly pirate anymore!

-Villain

Arrrr.

Well, I read Siren's posts from time to time when context is... somewhat interesting or I am bored, but that ton of bullshit during French election did it for me. I mean, I couldn't even skip it, it was her and hyena back and forth, and I was "WTF!!!" Interfering was pointless, so I saved myself some grief by adding both to my ignore list.

Yeah, I can be polite sometimes, oh yeah.

Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the meeting for a few reasons (included but not limited to being sick AND in Germany). It sounds like it was great - good on you all and yes, let's hope there's a next time. :)

Of course there will be a next time. Probably next year's summer. When the weather is nice.

Oh I think I'm moving to Frankfurt in January (will know for sure next week). So count me in for future German gigs.

So I guess I can count you in for tomorrow's gig in Munich?

hell.jpg

What more could i ask for?

well... i just spent a good 2 hours reading this entire thread and it really seemed to me like a play with characters, each revealing a part of their personality... just awesome!

i would love to meet all of you guys and gals one day when the opportunity arises and chance permits... maybe at some other DT gig (i've never seen them live yet)...

Rahvin, one can learn a lot from you i guess,
and Hyena, i just love the way you think / write / speak! I'm in love ;)
Plintus, I guess you're a rockstar...!

ah well... great thread!

Tutti Frutti Milano, part 2

(My apologies for the time it took me to post this, something else has occupied my mind recently.)

After the Friday night's great concert (as described in the other thread) the seven of us (Rahvin and his girlfriend, Alfred, Cuthalion, Matse, Siren and myself) went outside the venue to find some nourishment (read=beer). After wandering around for hours (okay, more like like 20 minutes, but it sure felt like hours) in the pouring rain on the cold, empty streets, we found ourselves in a place right next to the venue, called "Divina Commedia" unless my memory fails me.

I don't know what Dante would have thought about the place (I doubt they paid him any royalties), but the panini-sandwiches were certainly heavenly and the beer at least decent (albeit sadly not Hellish). Rahvin was kind enough to translate the menu to us twice, so that even those who didn't listen on the first time could order something. Then we just talked and laughed and had fun together, took some photographs, drank some more beer, met a part of the band briefly (sadly, they had to leave quite soon), and had some more fun.

The best way I can describe how it felt is this: It was like being reunited with your amputated limbs after spending years apart - for a moment one could feel like whole again. But alas, all good things come to an end, and my dear leg Rahvin was chopped off me once again, as we parted our ways. The Italians went to their homes/wherever they slept, our brave Macedonian began his long journey back to the Balkans and the remaining three of us went back to our hotel to have some German beer (Hell yes!) for late-night snack before falling to sleep - exhausted, but happy.

The next morning, after a more or less sugar-based breakfast, the difference between youth and experience was made clear, as young Matse remained at the hotel to get some more sleep, while the older (or stupider) Villain and Siren went to see the city. With little idea of where to go, we did some random sightseeing, mainly in lingerie-stores, and just enjoyed the architecture and atmosphere of the city. It's really the kind of place that brings forth the best sides of people, I think.

Then we went back to wake up little Matse and the threesome of us headed back to the city together. We went looking for some kind of a cheap restaurant and got lost in the outskirts of the city central, which was surprisingly fun and not even scary (if you get lost in the outskirts of a town in Finland, you'll get eaten by wolves, you know). After receiving some confusing, yet in the end very helpful, directions from some locals,
we made it back safely - and even found a nice moderately priced restaurant where we were served in English.

Later in the evening we hooked up with the always friendly Alfred and the living database on all things Finnish, Rei Toei. Honestly, she knows more about Finland than I do - and I've only spent all my life here. So, while she entertained us with her vast amount of knowledge about Finnish parties (mainly the parts where everyone's nude) we went to another part of the city to see... some sewers. :guh:

...You know, open-air sewers.

...That luckily were no longer used for such a purpose, so they were more like channels (couldn't spot any gondoliers, though). Anyways, then we went to drink some beer (and whisky, even) at a nearby pub, where we could also eat a wide variety of weird snacks, some of which were quite good (not as good as the beer, though). Once again, we had jolly good time, and once again our Italian hosts showed us great hospitality. I remember trying to buy a round of beer in return for all those I had already received - and ended up with more money than the whole round cost. Really, if any of you ever happen to come here for any reason (being kidnapped is probably the most likely), don't bother taking money with you - beer is on me. Of course, if you need something else than just beer, you might want to have some money on you...

And after all the fun we had together that night, once again the sad fact that all good things are only temporary became evident. We left Alfred and Rei Toei and went back to our hotel to talk some more - and drink some more beer, of course (Hell yes!). Still very happy from all the good times we'd had in the past two days, we didn't want to let it end too soon and had fun late into the morning. We might've slept an hour or two before we had to get packing, for our schedules were tight.

Matse was the first to leave, and he did so with the stern formality of a German soldier, barely shedding a tear as we said goodbye (I was weeping for sure). Then Alfred and Rei Toei came to pick me and Siren up, and we headed for the airport. Once there, we had the pleasure to briefly meet Alfred's father, who's the kind of elder gentleman you only see in movies these days. Then, it was time for a series of doleful goodbyes, one after another. :cry:

And then it was over. Plenty of things had to be left untold for reasons pertaining to both space and time, but suffice to say, this trip was the highlight of my year. Many thanks to all of you who were there! :worship:

Until next time!

-Villain

The next morning, after a more or less sugar-based breakfast, the difference between youth and experience was made clear, as young Matse remained at the hotel to get some more sleep, while the older (or stupider) Villain and Siren went to see the city.

I would like to add that I spent a night in Milan with two hours of sleep and dancing until 3 a.m before anyone else arrived.

I would like to add that I spent a night in Milan with two hours of sleep and dancing until 3 a.m before anyone else arrived.
I also have to point out that Matse was wearing a suit. At a metal gig. :danceboy:

As for the sewer/commercial channel thing, i believe that the only reason there were no gondoliers is that a) they were drinking, or b) there was no water for them to row in.