Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I didn't have time to do it... finally wanted to give it a shot yesterday, but I spilled water over my keyboard on Saturday evening (right after the shops had closed), so my PC has been down ever since.

I'm going to buy a new keyboard today, but I'm also busy with the preparations for our album recordings and I'm running out of time already.

So I guess I'm out this time.

I'm not going to be able to make it by 5 PST, I just have too much to do tonight (two tests and homework assignments tomorrow, oh well) but I'll get some time sooner or later.

Jeff

I take that back, it's being submitted right now. Steve, let me know if it gets in.

Jeff

you will fail the test tomorrow. I can see it. :p
I cannot enter, and i take back that. My mom won't let me use her computer to record, and I don't have that much time.
plus, I play shit solos, so now it is less likely to polute your ears. (although i want to)

I'll pass the tests, I'll just have sore fingers and less sleep. I improvised something out really quickly (and learned a little more on why it's fun to use split-coil modes on my Schecter) but was unfortunately unable to overdub kazoo harmonies.

The solution to playing shit solos is... playing more shit solos, and eventually they become less shit solos and finally good solos. Oh well, maybe next time.

Jeff

Another way to look at it is ...

E Aeolian or E Natural Minor with F# at your main notes !!!
(This will probably open HUGE doors. I know Eminor is the key ALOT of us learn to solo in when starting to play)

And, given that 3/4s of Division's songs are in E Aeolian, I should probably actually have done this one, since I'm a little familiar with the mode... :lol:

I think I'll finally make my debut next competition. Now that I'm done with my first semester (and pledging), I have some free time on my hands b/w 16 course hours :\

16?

Wimp.

On a different topic I just realized that I didn't wind up using F# Locrian, F# Super Locrian, or Whole Tone in mine - and I used less chromatic nonsense too. Between that and the lack of my name in the IDV3 tag, if I hadn't spent so much time tweaking the amp sim to make it fit well (yes, yes, I know, Amplitube is bad... sue me, I still live at home and was doing this at midnight) I may not have been able to recognize it. I like learning experiences like this.

Jeff

I voted #1 but had a really hard time to decide between #1 and #2.

At the end I just went with gut feeling because I couldn't decide based on pros and cons.
I think #1 is fits better to the backing track and sounds really cool with the harmonies. However in the second half I would have wished for more exploration of the basic idea, instead of repetition until the end.
#2 is a great display of technique and shows a nice repertoire of ideas. I especially love the beginning.

The winner of this competition is Guitar Guru777!:kickass:
Many thanks to those who entered,all were pretty interesting entries, and those who also voted as well!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Guru,please drop me an e-mail, and we'll talk about the next contest, and what we can do for this one!:headbang:

Thx guys .. this was TOTALLY unexpected. I was so thinking i was gonna be toasted by JB ....lol

But anyway ... I actually posted the WRONG one ...lol
Everyone was correct the end was WAY to repetitive, that was the wrong version of the track :p

Ill email you tonight steve.

Hah, with mine I just decided not to do anything fast at all because I knew that if anyone else entered it would just be a shredfest anyway. Plus, I showed off the cliche blues bullshit I've been learning over the last couple of weeks when falling asleep and unable to concentrate on picking... nice job, Guru.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.