• Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tab_large_f_sharp_locrian.gif

Thanks to Profeta for providing the tempos, and Will for providing the mdoe as well.
As some of you may know, and some of you may not know, F Sharp Locrian is the 7th mode of the G Major Mode series.

Another way to look at it is ...

E Aeolian or E Natural Minor with F# at your main notes !!!
(This will probably open HUGE doors. I know Eminor is the key ALOT of us learn to solo in when starting to play)
Also a key reason why I chose the key for this one.There's a lot more to choose from scale wise than this though, so everyone look out for common tones!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Don't forget that you can bump into F# half-step diminished, F# Super Locrian, F# Whole Tone, and even G Augmented if you're looking for the 'out' sound - or go between those all the way through and just sound odd like I prefer to do.

I'll actually be able to put something up for this, I just need to tune something to E natural... would it be against the rules, just out of plain curiosity, to harmonize with a kazoo and wood recorder for that uber-1337 kindergarten music class sound?

Jeff

Don't forget that you can bump into F# half-step diminished, F# Super Locrian, F# Whole Tone, and even G Augmented if you're looking for the 'out' sound - or go between those all the way through and just sound odd like I prefer to do.
Jeff
or you could go the kerry king way: "omfg i can hit a bunch of random notes really fast".
kidding dude, Thank you guru & bozzy & Jeff for posting that, it helps!

Root-Fifth-Ninth is too tame.

Try Root-Flatted Second-Panda instead.

And LOTS - nothing is random if you're snobbish enough and like to pretend you see patterns others don't.

Jeff

I'll actually be able to put something up for this, I just need to tune something to E natural... would it be against the rules, just out of plain curiosity, to harmonize with a kazoo and wood recorder for that uber-1337 kindergarten music class sound?

Jeff
Whatever you want to do, Jeff!:lol: Originality is always a plus.

Cool, I 'm going to try and get in on this one (I'm having some family issues to deal with :cry: ) but If I can steal away for a couple of hours this weekend I will lay something down and send it in.

Steve I didn't forget about getting back to you about the online lessons either, just have to deal with some stuff for a bit longer, and then I'm good to go. :kickass:

Cool, I 'm going to try and get in on this one (I'm having some family issues to deal with :cry: ) but If I can steal away for a couple of hours this weekend I will lay something down and send it in.

Steve I didn't forget about getting back to you about the online lessons either, just have to deal with some stuff for a bit longer, and then I'm good to go. :kickass:

Right on kmanick, looking forward to your entry, and to hearing back from you when you're ready! Hope all is well!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.