Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so this issue is finally solved, thank you!

however, there are more to come. for some reason i'm getting HUGE latency problems, meaning that i record two tracks to the clicktrack and when playing them back there is like 1/4 note difference. i mean, WTF, it's not like my playing wasn't tight, i've done this stuff more than enough times to know how to play tight. hell, even with my OLD OLD P3 500hz - 128MB SD-RAM setup i didn't have this latency issue.
plus i'm getting asio running out of synch while recording......

guys....any soundcard recommendations? price range around 50-80€ max, i don't need loads of playback features like 7.1 surround and stuff, just a decent recording card that's it.
this is not for your specific issue but more of a general thing, but make sure there are no processes using cpu power while recording, also checking the soundcard's setttings in the BIOS and installing the newest drivers for the mobo and soundcard might do something. Again general hardware advice, not for you specific issue.
good luck

If you must get a new soundcard in that price range, I'd go for either an Audiophile 2496 (which I have - about 90 USD but you'll need your own preamps; M-Audio DMP3 would work great with that) or save a little more to go eBay for a Delta 1010LT (which will have preamps but is probably hitting the top end of your range); I am, however, concerned that with that much offset you could likely have more serious issues, so check drivers and ASIO settings.

EDIT: Maybe try looking up an E-MU 0404, may be better for your price range. END EDIT

Jeff

ok, so this issue is finally solved, thank you!

however, there are more to come. for some reason i'm getting HUGE latency problems, meaning that i record two tracks to the clicktrack and when playing them back there is like 1/4 note difference.

I get that as well. Seems to happen more when there's less memory available, if there's loads of things running at the same time or there are any long periods of silence recorded. I've been lucky so far, and have been able to move the waves around until they're in the right place in the track.

Hey Everybody,
Well, we finally got the entries back, and here they are.
To avoid confusion, herre's the deal this time:
Vote your favorite solo in the first 3, for the 4/4 time solo.
Then, vote you favorite solo in the next 3, for the 7/4 time solo.
Happy voting!!! And... PLEASE VOTE ONCE FOR EACH.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Voting will stay open for a week, after which, the winners will be announced!
PLEASE NOTE; GO DOWN TO THE 4TH POST, AND YOU'LL FIND THE CORRECT_ LINKS_, COURTESY OF GURU777. THEN VOTE IN THE POLL!

Status
Not open for further replies.