Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Folks, after a little delay in the proceedings, here we go~!
We've got two backing tracks for you guys this time, courtesy of Moonlapse, and Bibz.
Bibz sent in a 7/4 time track, in Eb Locrian, the way I hear it. The one thing I didn 't have time to grab is the tempo,but bibz has provided: 150bpm
Moonlapse gave us a 4/4 track in E natural minor, pretty straight forward and rocks good. Again, tempo I don't know.Moon, can you help us out here?

The rules will stay largely the same as the previous two contests, with one exception; I will give you guys through to early Jan. 2007 on this, as I'm on vacation for the next few weeks here, and cannot guarantee when I'll be coming back on.
All entrants are required to solo over both backing tracks.
Also of note: The number of entrants will be limited to 10 as of this writing, not negotiable, any more would drive the webmaster nuts!:erk: I'll be making the decision as to who the entrants are in the first round at this time.
BY NO MEANS SHOULD THIS DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM ENTERING!!! I want to hear everybody out there who has said_ they would enter these contests, enter the contest!
Here are the tracks guys! Best of luck!
http://www.stevesmyth.com/Solo-Contest/3rd/ssmyth3-bibzbackingtrackrev2.mp3
http://www.stevesmyth.com/Solo-Contest/3rd/steve_solocomp3_moonlapse.mp3

Happy Holidaze everybody, and Happy New Year!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

the backing tracks are awesome. I like bibz's it is very metal and pissed off.
Moonlapse's is fun, i wish i had a wha for it.
Anyway, I don't get how to figure out who enters the contest. My brain is damaged. Is this going to take place in rounds? Sorry, but the chemistry test on friday didn't do me much good :lol:

Oh, and don't feed rudolf beer, santa needs to bring me a new guitar.
Happy Holydays. I'm going to Canada next week. Have fun Steve in your vacation!

Awesome ideas for the contest, I like them. From my interpretation, everybody can enter! Anyone and everyone can submit there solo's and the final 10 will be chosen for voting on here.

As for my backing track, its 150bpm, 7/4. And you know I love that locrian!(chromatic really) :lol:

That's right, EVERYBODY CAN ENTER!!! I am going to cut it down to the aforementioned amount of entrants later, so EVERYBODY ENTER WHO'S INTERESTED!!!
Hope that clarifies for those who didn't understand. Have a good Holiday Season everybody, and we'll meet back here, technically next year!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

hey moonlapse and bbiz.
Would you guys describe exactly the tracks please when you guys have time. Describe them as in what chords you guys use in the tracks and at what positions in the track (as in seconds). Sorry i have bad ears, and can't figure out it by ear. With the info steve posted i might have to be stuck with only one scale, and this time i intend to get some votes:lol:
thanks,
paul

Do you guys know if Steve sends and email back telling if he got the solos?
I'm guessing he's not back from his vacations, but I sent him an email a while ago with my solos and since I havent got an answer and it is already January I though maybe he didnt get nothing.

ALLRIGHT PEOPLE!!! Time to get your entries in for the 3rd Forum Solo Competition! I am now setting a deadline of Thursday, Jan. 11th, 2007, as the date for all entries to be received.
Rules are same as before: Record to both of the tracks provided, details provided on each tune in the first post.
Due to the fact there are two backing tracks, I will end up deciding the first round entries, as to make this easier on the webmaster to upload all of this in a timely manner.
What I mean is, there will be a maximum of 10 entries only this time. So, make your best effort!
Not to worry, EVERYBODY CAN ENTER, AND WE'LL GET UNDER WAY!!!
Send your entries to me @: steve@stevesmyth.com
Best of luck to everybody!!!

Whew, today I finally got around to record my solo for the second backing track...

That was a real heavy challenge for me this time. When I got the backing tracks last month I had basically no idea what to play, and then there were 2 1/2 minutes to record over. o_O

Of course I didn't get my lazy ass up to work on it until Steve posted the deadline, I guess I need the pressure or something.
Recorded the solo over bibz' backing track last weekend, but then lacked the time for the second one...

then last night I was on a birthday party, got ZERO minutes of sleep the night, and worked on the second solo at 5:30 am. But I didn't finish because I had to go to business school for an exam... me ->:zombie:

So I just finished recording the second solo, didn't come out too great, but what the hell, I've been awake for 30 hours... :lol:
But I'm glad I even got something down in the first place.

That's it, I'm off to bed now... :loco:

A bunch of stuff came up this week so I haven't had a chance to really play much, and I'd only known about this since Sunday. Yeah yeah excuses excuses. I'll do it next time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.