Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in lieu of the fact we've only received 3_ entries so far, I'm deciding to extend the deadline until Monday, Jan. 15th, 2007, at 2pm PST.
Hopefully we'll get a few more, and the need to pare down the amount of entries won't be necessary at all.
Not sure if you guys just are finding this one difficult, as there are two backing tracks, or what not, but by all means GIVE IT A SHOT!!!:lol:
Best of luck to everybody, and we'll keep chekcing for entries!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

And the 15th deadline has come and gone.....
Only a handful of entries on this one, sadly. In was expecting at least a few more from you guys!:lol:
Well, we'll get them up here within the next few days, and get the voting started on this one.
Thanks to all who entered, and best of luck everybody!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

technical difficulties over here. my cubase is all fucked up since i got a new PC. maybe someone can help me?
when i hit record it records EVERYTHING and not just the line in signal. everything meaning click track, previously recorded tracks etc.
soundcard is a shitty on board AC97, but then again, that's what my old PC also had.
i'm thinking about getting a new one (don't have a lotta cash unfortunately....), any recommendations?
btw, i'm also experiencing a crackling sound when listening to mp3s while doing something that takes some more processing power, like starting AOL, media player or whatever. and no, it's not the pc....1024 ddr2 ram and 3.something ghz cpu should be sufficient :D

so, if i get this sorted out, i'll do something, otherwise i'll try to do the next one - given that there'll BE another one ;)

Hey, if you guys still want to enter, I'll reconsider extending the deadline. As of now, we've got 3 entries, and to have any of you enter would be great. Please let me know, and we'll extend the deadline one more time, to Monday, Jan. 22nd 2007, at 2pm PST.:headbang:

technical difficulties over here. my cubase is all fucked up since i got a new PC. maybe someone can help me?
when i hit record it records EVERYTHING and not just the line in signal. everything meaning click track, previously recorded tracks etc.
soundcard is a shitty on board AC97, but then again, that's what my old PC also had.
i'm thinking about getting a new one (don't have a lotta cash unfortunately....), any recommendations?
btw, i'm also experiencing a crackling sound when listening to mp3s while doing something that takes some more processing power, like starting AOL, media player or whatever. and no, it's not the pc....1024 ddr2 ram and 3.something ghz cpu should be sufficient :D

so, if i get this sorted out, i'll do something, otherwise i'll try to do the next one - given that there'll BE another one ;)

hi fragle...

i had this problem with my AC97 too... check the windows mixer, go to the "recording" levels, and click the checkbox for "line in".
it sounds like you have "stereo mix" enabled, that means the whole audio signal is being recorded.

if that is not the problem, there probably is a menu in cubase where you can choose the input. but i got no experience with that program.

Hey Fragle,
I think the Fifth Horseman might have the solution you're looking for. Hope you can get it figured out, and get some solos entered on this one! Anyone else out there got an idea of what's wrong with Fragle's system?
And not to worry man, we'll ALWAYS be doing these forum solo competitions!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hey Fragle, just a thought, but check to see you haven't got some sort of option enabled that says "What you hear". My old Creative soundcard had this on it's own little mixer option window. If it is checked you'll be recording....well, everything you can hear through your speakers within Cubase! So make sure it's unchecked and then make sure you've got the correct input selected on your audio track in Cubase also.

I could record two different solos and send them in too... then we have at least one more entry... :lol:

well, actually today I'm going to the studio to record two solos for our debut album, and have to study for my exams next week.
So I guess I'm not the only one being busy on a weekend...

hi fragle...

i had this problem with my AC97 too... check the windows mixer, go to the "recording" levels, and click the checkbox for "line in".
it sounds like you have "stereo mix" enabled, that means the whole audio signal is being recorded.

if that is not the problem, there probably is a menu in cubase where you can choose the input. but i got no experience with that program.

ok, so this issue is finally solved, thank you!

however, there are more to come. for some reason i'm getting HUGE latency problems, meaning that i record two tracks to the clicktrack and when playing them back there is like 1/4 note difference. i mean, WTF, it's not like my playing wasn't tight, i've done this stuff more than enough times to know how to play tight. hell, even with my OLD OLD P3 500hz - 128MB SD-RAM setup i didn't have this latency issue.
plus i'm getting asio running out of synch while recording......

guys....any soundcard recommendations? price range around 50-80€ max, i don't need loads of playback features like 7.1 surround and stuff, just a decent recording card that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.