Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is about you_ guys, not me. Speaking of, hey Souls, are we going to see you in the next one?

That is true Steve, but it would still rock to hear your version as well. As far as if I will be in the next one, have to see if I can get Guru's comp program to work. However, I have to go to Dallas next week and will be gone for two weeks, that may cause some problems. We'll see.

If I do have an entry, you will know it's me, My old drummer used to say (about my leads) "I have heard cats fuck with better harmony that your lead". Now rythm playing on the other hand, well that is much better.:lol:

What if it's a draw?

DUEL SOLO BATTLE MODE!!!

Good to see lots of votes aswell!

It's gonna be tight y'all[/cleaveland]

It'd be cool to do to have them do a collab backing track, but time might be the issue there.

Who cares, it can just be a joint victory and whoever wants can do the backing track. It's not like there is a grand prize or anything! :p

EDIT: I have a feeling this will be like an ebay auction. Wait until the last 15 minutes then landslide in one direction or the other :lol:

I really liked nr.12, very dissonantly played which I digged a lot :) It's only my personal taste though, many of the other entries deserve a lot of attention as well! Although 12 were different recordings in one, it was nicely done. Don't forget that Loomis did that as well when he was 16 :D

Damn, I GOTTA join next competition, I actually had a nice solo played on this backing track, quite different from the others :p
Oh well, good job everyone!

Hi Everybody!
Sorry for the delay. Not easy to manage this on a dialysis day....

So, we have a tie for 1st place! Rather than break the tie by doing a run off, I have decided that we'll have two backing tracks presented by the winners. More on this in a second....

And the winners are: Moonlapse, and bibz! Congrats to both, and honorable mentions to mpigott, and kirkpetrucci, who finished in what would be 2nd and 3rd, by default.

My thanks to all who entered, you guys all gave it your best, and gave us some really great solos to listen to! Those who got a few votes, one vote, or even no votes, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!!! Learn from this, and let's move into the next one!

OK, here's my idea for the next solo contest, which will contain 2 backing tracks, and all entries will solo over both backing tracks.EVIL PETE, YOU CAN COME BACK IN ON THIS ONE MAN!
I would like to set a precedent for what Moonlapse, and bibz, will contribute. CAN BOTH OF YOU PLEASE E-MAIL ME, AND LET ME KNOW YOUR THEORY BACKGROUND? I need to know if you have access to a drum machine of some kind, something you can program to an odd time signature. Yup, we're having you both lay down odd time backing grooves for these!!!

Sound cool to you guys? Let me know. As soon as I hear back from Moonlapse and bibz, we'll get this thing started....:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.