Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it seems i've made my decision. Contestants 1, 3, 7 and 11 made it to my top four. Since the decision was between 4, I had to go with the entry that I thought had the most listenability. After listennig about 10 times through my top 4, the one which I feel stood the test of time, was entry 1.
Congrats

Okay got through all of them then listened to the choice ones again. 6 isn't as good as I initially thought, but the technique is still damn killer.

I'm gonna hold off my vote... half the reason being that I'm actually enrolled in this comp.

Some really great entries in this one, everyone should be proud! (yeah, even the guy that ripped off the Loomis solo :lol:)

Solo 1 is definitely the most solid of the bunch and gets my vote ...

honorable mention to number 7 ... The arpeggios into the Petrucci / Vai esq pedal point slides was sweet !!!

If he entered the contest which im not sure he did.. i would say that was Brooks on guitar. Great technique ... it would have been my pick if there wasnt that 1 bend that ended a 1/2 step out that was bent back in tune .... lol (im picky like that)

All the solos had a very Maiden'esq feel except number 1 and thats what made me vote. It was different then the others. It stood out more.

Solo 1 is definitely the most solid of the bunch and gets my vote ...

honorable mention to number 7 ... The arpeggios into the Petrucci / Vai esq pedal point slides was sweet !!!

If he entered the contest which im not sure he did.. i would say that was Brooks on guitar. Great technique ... it would have been my pick if there wasnt that 1 bend that ended a 1/2 step out that was bent back in tune .... lol (im picky like that)

All the solos had a very Maiden'esq feel except number 1 and thats what made me vote. It was different then the others. It stood out more.

I think number one sounded just as Maiden as the others. It had that Dave Muray fluentness, and the bends were also similar to his style.

they are really great. All of them (even mine this time :lol: 0maybe not the greatest:lol:). It is hard i will have to listen some more to vote, i will vote later, 1, 7, 8,10 are my favs at the moment. the favs will change, because i love all of them, so it will be a toucher decision:kickass:
you kick ass guys!
after listening to all of them again, i picked 1

Well, Holy Hell, we've got ourselves a contest here!:lol:
All great entries, and ah, the wonders of an Em riff! A lot of people on the "same page" as each other on this one, and sounds like a lot of people used their theory knowledge in terms of scale approach as well. Some cool things in all of these!
I've also heard a lot of "isms" from everyone on this; nothing wrong with that in my book, as long as it's placed well. I always tend to want to hear how much farther one can take their influences, and make it more their own.One of the hardest things about creating music, IMHO.
Good luck to everyone! You guys all delivered some really great solos!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.