• Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
my entry will arrive this evening -
i recorded it sunday morning (5 am) right after an awesome show of uli jon roth and his sky band - a true master in feeling and expression

that night showed me that music is more than just a technical ability
:worship:
Hey causeddevil,
Nice to hear the inspiration of Uli got to you!
And, words never spoken more true.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I sent my entry to you yesterday, Steve.
Now that you mention it, I did indeed name the file with my screen-name (though I don't think I've entered any mp3 tags).

Since knowing the identity can even unconciously influence your listening, I'd prefer it to be anonymous in the future. I also think it is pretty cool to guess which solo belongs to which person (we did it that way on the Jackson Charvel forum some time ago, but without voting for a winner... just the guessing).

We could do it anonymously for round 3, but I think it would be too much hassle to get everyone to send in his entry once again now. ;)
Just make it part of the future rules - no ID info in mp3 tags or filename.

Well, it was in the rules intially. We'll try and fix it here from our end. Otherwise, we'll just let it go as is for now, and get it corrected on the next one.
I've been checking my e-mail at least 3 times a day, and will check again, but haven't received any other entries since mid afternoon PST yesterday.
I stand corrected, just received, in no particular order, Fifth Horseman, No More Beers, and causeddevil's entries, which brings us up to 10 total entries for this contest! Anybody else?

Anyone up for just doing a 'who did what?' contest? I'd like to just see what happens when we send things in anonymously and guess, from past solos, context, advice and lessons, et cetera, who most likely did what - it would take away a lot of the pressure and allow us to really figure out how to develop a more noticeable style than I think most 'contests' can do.

Jeff

I've only got like 20 more seconds to record, I'm at uni at the moment (UK) I'll finish at 4...I hope I can get home and record mine on time...

Madness! This solo comp stuff is awesome. Usually I'm trying to make a lead fit with a song or enhance it, being able to just shred balls is aLOT of fun!! My go at it is ready and I'll shoot it off soon. I made sure not to listen to any of the other comp stuff before it was done, but now, awesome stuff guys! Cant wait to hear what you came up with on this one now I've had my go!

Sendin' it in mixed n ready (plenny of volume left to squeeze out of it for a rick rubin remix' :lol:)

That is really a great loss...You better be up for the next one man!

Mine will be sent in about 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.