Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh I'm sorry, did I just inadvertently pee on Steve's secret covert entry into the solo competition? :D

Haha, yeah joking aside. My opinion of course. I still think #6 is my favourite solo of the bunch. Great technique and great ideas.

Wow. I was surprised to hear how similar alot of us approached certain aspects of this! But then realised we are all here at this forum as smythfans so theres gonna be alot of similarities in our influences, styles and tastes. Nevermore itself is a breeding pot of metaltypes, from prog to death (in its fans, too) so it stands to reason I guess.
I havent made up my mind and cast a vote yet though, its hard when my entry is in there, I wouldna played a note different from that guy! :lol:
Plenty there deserves more votes too! I'd need three or four to give my opinion justice at the moment, I'll see how they sound tomorrow! :kickass:

Ooh I'm sorry, did I just inadvertently pee on Steve's secret covert entry into the solo competition? :D

Haha, yeah joking aside. My opinion of course. I still think #6 is my favourite solo of the bunch. Great technique and great ideas.

:lol: No, not me! It is a very well done solo, I have to agree, but I found something to appreciate in every one of these solos!:headbang:

I finally voted yesterday evening (and no, not for myself... :D ).
Took me that long to get to really know all the solos, although I already had my favourites from the first listen.
Initially I thought nothing could top #1, but I did vote for entry #6. I just love that approach and the scales he used.

And I laughed out loud when I came to entry #4 and heard the Loomis impersonation. :D
But nicely done!
Thumbs up to everyone who participated, I hope we get lots of more contests in the future.

I know I have already learned alot while doing my take and while comparing it to the others. It really showed me my weaknesses, but my strengths too... and I got really motivated to practice more!
That's the greatest thing about this contest IMO.

well these were all quite impressive, but I had to go with #11. I liked his phrasing and note selections the best ,with #6 right behind him.
I actually had to go back and forth and replay these two several times
before I could make the call.
Congrats to all on this one, I was going to actually do a take for this one but a family obligation got in the way.
Good work guys!

Wow, great stuff here guys....

For me, it was between 1 and 11, with 11 taking my vote on the closing notes of the solo. That was really good!

I don't have a way to record right now, but listening to these entries, it's prolly just as well. :erk:

One request for Steve, after all is said and done, voting is over for each of these, will you do YOUR version of a solo? That would really rock. :headbang:

Well, this is about you_ guys, not me. Speaking of, hey Souls, are we going to see you in the next one?

But wouldn't adding your version add to the drive of many people, and possibly show them a different way of looking at creating a solo over a certain backing track?
It would be cool if you did it, but only if you ahve the time of course.

also gotta be careful of how the label responds too, they'd want us to pay to hear steves shred :lol:

i think it would be cool to hear steve´s solo in the end of the contest, not before recording...
like "the winner is .... and this is my version of the solo"

Status
Not open for further replies.