• Entry 07

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Entry 08

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
guitarguru777 said:
Just finished mine and sent it off to steve ... Ive never heard the DL version of this so i dunno if its even remotely what he had in mind ....

I went a bit Cacophony in it ....lol
Hey Guru!
Glad you made it in here, and I'll look for your mail. You can find the DL version on my My Space page.
Just to let everyone know, it does not matter what you think I_ might want, I want to hear what you come up with! Make it you!:headbang:

lordofthesewers said:
for recording, i'm gonna use the microphone that i'm using while playing counter-strike. It actually sounds pretty good, i did a microphone test last night. And for converting to mp3, you just need the lame library, linked to audacity.
I personally i'm gonna try to use ardour on linux+ffmpeg, but if i don't succeed setting up the sound server in time, i will just use audacity with ffmpeg.
For the solo, I have 2 solo ideas, One of them has a leggatto pull-off run, that i need to get to speed, and if i don't get it down in time, i will just play my other idea.
Lord, I'm not sure what all that is; I'm using a Mac. But, do send it in to me, and we'll put it up here on Monday, after allthe submissions are received.

Fragle said:
shall we send you an mp3 with the whole thing, backing + solo, or just the solo without the backing? ...or both? last couple of times we did something like this on the jackson forum we always sent both the complete one and the solo only, but then again, for an isdn user like myself this takes ages to upload :lol:
Hey Fragle!
Good point you brought up, and one I forgot to mention.
WHEN YOU SEND YOUR SUBMISSION, PLEASE SEND 1 MP3 WITH THE BACKING TRACK AND YOU SOLO, AND 1 WITHOUT. I'll mix it here if need be.
I'm gonna add this to the original post with the backing track right now as well, just in case.

Will Bozarth said:
fuck trying to be all shreddy with it, ill go slow

Yeah, I'm going to have to leave the sun-temperature-control knob unfiddledwith too, we'll see what happens.

*Jokes about it, but is completely unable to be slow due to tension and caffeine problems and is strongly dismayed*

Jeff

Steve Smyth said:
Hey Fragle!
Good point you brought up, and one I forgot to mention.
WHEN YOU SEND YOUR SUBMISSION, PLEASE SEND 1 MP3 WITH THE BACKING TRACK AND YOU SOLO, AND 1 WITHOUT. I'll mix it here if need be.
I'm gonna add this to the original post with the backing track right now as well, just in case.

woops! ill get right on that

So Steve, are we going to get to hear all (or most) of the entries? Or is it going to be the best 2-3 that you like and you post? I really want the best of both worlds here.. :lol:

I'll see what I can do about the recording situation... transfering it into anything is easy, its the recording of it thats a pain. But I'll work on it this weekend.

Souls of Black said:
So Steve, are we going to get to hear all (or most) of the entries? Or is it going to be the best 2-3 that you like and you post? I really want the best of both worlds here.. :lol:
Hey Souls! No, eveyrone's entry will be in there. After all if they went to the trouble of laying one down in the first place, then it's going to be heard! I'm not going to be "pre-judging" anything; this is going to be voted on after all submissions are in.
I've already received a few, and it sounds like we're gonna get a few more in here before Monday at 2pm PST.
I'm only listening to these once for level consistency. ONLY UNDER THAT CIRCUMSTANCE AM I CONSIDERING THE SOLO TRACK SENT BY ITSELF, AND I'LL CONTACT YOU IF I NEED TO FOR THAT!
Other than that, I'll hear them when they go up just like everyone else!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Steve Smyth said:
Hey Souls! No, eveyrone's entry will be in there. After all if they went to the trouble of laying one down in the first place, then it's going to be heard! I'm not going to be "pre-judging" anything; this is going to be voted on after all submissions are in. I've already received a few, and it sounds like we're gonna get a few more in here before Monday at 2pm PST. I'm only listening to these once for level consistency. ONLY UNDER THAT CIRCUMSTANCE AM I CONSIDERING THE SOLO TRACK SENT BY ITSELF, AND I'LL CONTACT YOU IF I NEED TO FOR THAT! Other than that, I'll hear them when they go up just like everyone else!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Well how de do ... if thats the case im soooooo gonna re-record the solo i did ... ha ha ha

It was over modulated as hell !!!!

Hey i got an idea ....(putting steve on the spot) How about the winner gets to play a solo on the esseness album !!!!! Along with getting to do the next backing track!!!

Hey i got an idea ....(putting steve on the spot) How about the winner gets to play a solo on the esseness album !!!!! Along with getting to do the next backing track!!![/QUOTE]
Uh.....heh heh......no.:lol: Just the backing track for now,Guru!

Steve Smyth said:
Hey Souls! No, eveyrone's entry will be in there. After all if they went to the trouble of laying one down in the first place, then it's going to be heard! I'm not going to be "pre-judging" anything; this is going to be voted on after all submissions are in.
I've already received a few, and it sounds like we're gonna get a few more in here before Monday at 2pm PST.
I'm only listening to these once for level consistency. ONLY UNDER THAT CIRCUMSTANCE AM I CONSIDERING THE SOLO TRACK SENT BY ITSELF, AND I'LL CONTACT YOU IF I NEED TO FOR THAT!
Other than that, I'll hear them when they go up just like everyone else!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cool beans!! Let the games begin....

Steve Smyth said:
Hey i got an idea ....(putting steve on the spot) How about the winner gets to play a solo on the esseness album !!!!! Along with getting to do the next backing track!!!
Uh.....heh heh......no.:lol: Just the backing track for now,Guru![/quote]

Damn, that actually made me LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just the visual (the look on Steve's face that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.