Fovorite American Bands

Apr 21, 2005
Kentucky
Which American bands do you like most?
Despite the large amount of shitty music that comes from my country, there are still some very good bands that shape music around the world.
My favorites are:
Nile
Tool
Arsis
Mastodon
Isis
Death

I am especially curious to hear a european opinion on this.

Arsis
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
Slayer
Metallica
Dream Theater
Mastodon
Nile
Morbid Angel
Shadows Fall
Testament
Rob Zombie
Bad Religion
Offspring
Weather Report
Mahavishnu Orchestra

Not bands but...
Miles Davis
Duke Ellington
Charlie Parker
Louis Armstrong
Charlie Christian
Thelonious Monk
Wes Montgomery
Joe Satriani

Novembers doom
Agalloch
Nevermore
Dream Theater
Darkest Hour
Mastodon
Alabama Thunder Pussy

not all that much..

Dream Theater
Agalloch
Tool
A Perfect Circle
80s glam bands (most of them - you know the ones, and you know you love them ;))
Alice in Chains
Slipknot
Mudvayne

You want an euro opinion : 90% suck (as in Europe) but the 10 remaining percent are one of my favorite bands . Isis and Agalloch are pretty much unmatched when it comes to emotional heavy or dark music . These bands don't seem to care about the rest , they're just doing their stuff and for having seen Isis live I can tell you that no band has ever come close to that and I've done some shows , metal or not . (Pale Folklore , ) The Mantle , Oceanic and Panopticon are masterworks for a whole lifetime .

Add some references such as Neurosis , Tool .. Death + the new vawe of modern DM bands (not my kind but still) , I'm quite keen or Dredg too (at least until now) . I think the US , due to population amount , has overrall the best bands whatever you're searching for (for guitar based stuff)

For some reason I always think they're American :err:. Like if somone were to ask me "What nationality are The Haunted" i'd say "American" without even thinking about it.

I said they were Yanks in another thread as well.

Weird yes?

Come to think of it i think they're current vocalist is American, the original (better one) wasn't.

Nevermore
Metallica
Iced Earth
Symphony X
Death
Dying Fetus
Megadeth
Pantera
Slayer
Avenged Sevenfold
Testament
Dream Theater

Ugh...

Slayer
Pantera
Megadeth
Testament
Morbid Angel
Dream Theater
Nevermore
Symphony X
I occasionally enjoy Shadows Fall... really!
Opet...... wait!!!

American Music (to me) is boring for the most part. Even though i was born here!

Powers said:
For some reason I always think they're American :err:. Like if somone were to ask me "What nationality are The Haunted" i'd say "American" without even thinking about it.

I said they were Yanks in another thread as well.

Weird yes?

Come to think of it i think they're current vocalist is American, the original (better one) wasn't.

yes, theyre swedish. and NOT ONLY are they swedish...50% of that band was from at the gates...maybe the most (or one of) famous SWEDISH metal bands to date in a worldly sense. And the current vocalist WAS the original vocalist. and BOTH were swedish. He just came back again after the 2nd guy left.

ThEsE aRe FaCtZ, gEt ThEm StRaIgHt.