Fråga till V!

I tried learning Spanish, and I tried learning Norwegian (Bokmal) - and I find the Spanish easier. But that's solely because of location; there is a ton of Spanish-language resources where I live. Plus, my town (Everett, WA) has a huge Spanish-speaking population. So, if I wanted to get into it again, I could watch local Spanish TV, read the local Spanish newspapers, listen to the radio, talk to the guys at the Mexican groceries, etc. I could even attend Spanish churches! I want to take it up again, as I'd find it useful.

Outside of the Internet, it's really hard to find Norwegian-language resources.

If I lived in Europe, I'm sure it'd be much different.

Hey, don't be to hard on Rivfadir! :) He he, even though I come from Sweden I couldn't understand a word of Danish when first I moved to Copenhagen. I started out with English, then moved over to speaking Swedish with a Danish dialect. Ha ha, people thought I was from Norway! Know it pretty well now, though.

Hey, don't be to hard on Rivfadir! :) He he, even though I come from Sweden I couldn't understand a word of Danish when first I moved to Copenhagen. I started out with English, then moved over to speaking Swedish with a Danish dialect. Ha ha, people thought I was from Norway! Know it pretty well now, though.

i read somewhere that for danish people is easier to understand swedish than for swedes to understand danish... don't ask me why :lol:
i remember (because it made me laught a lot) there were also written that "norvegian is danish spoken in swedish" , refering to the fact that norvegian is similar to danish for lexicon and to swedish for phonology

I'd say that the problem for me with Danish was the fact that the written language and the spoken one is like to completely different languages. In writing it's actually very close to Swedish, but there are so many silent letters, and letter you just "slide over" when you speak. In Swedish, written and spoken are pretty much the same.

I'd say that the problem for me with Danish was the fact that the written language and the spoken one is like to completely different languages. In writing it's actually very close to Swedish, but there are so many silent letters, and letter you just "slide over" when you speak. In Swedish, written and spoken are pretty much the same.

I don't think so. I find Swedish orthography is really irregular. Not as much as the English one, but still very irregular.
Maybe Danish has more silent letters but Swedish has a lot of them aswell. Maybe you don't recognize as a native speaker.

There´s a saying where i live;to speak Danish you only have to fill your mouth with oat meal and speak Swedish.

I think that saying is the same all over Sweden, and living in Denmark for quite some time hasn't completely my mind about it. :lol:

I don't think so. I find Swedish orthography is really irregular. Not as much as the English one, but still very irregular.
Maybe Danish has more silent letters but Swedish has a lot of them aswell. Maybe you don't recognize as a native speaker.

No, I do. I know there are some, but still they are no way near as many as in Danish. Also, as I said, I think it's easier in Swedish to hear every letter individually, whereas in Danish they tend to flow much more into each other..

Muy cierto tu comentario! (I hope you understand :p)
Tú español no es malo :)

Ahaha

La sueca habla español! Yo soy del Caribe. =) Pero tu inglés es bastante bueno; lo que pasa es que el inglés es como el francés, tiene muchas expresiones que, en términos de la gramática del lenguaje, no hacen mucho sentido.

Igualmente, no sabía que la británica lo hablaba también. =) Mi impresión siempre ha sido que el español es un lenguaje muy fácil de aprender, gracias a que las reglas gramáticas son muy consistentes.

Man, I could really use that Danish bacon and butter now. I got some nice Calfornia bacon but I'm using Irish butter, and it ain't the same.

What's so special about this bacon form Denmark? I only know that you have kinda good cream cheese ^^

Oh, Swedish Knäcke and Danish Cream cheese, that would be awesome! :D

Oh, only the fact that it is made from AWESOME, WIN and distilled Viking Fury!
Try it. You'll never appreciate other bacon ever again.

Also, yeah, I just started thinking about it yesterday, written Danish is completely different from spoken Danish. We have really weird pronunciation. Lots of silent letters and letters that are pronounced differently even if they appear twice in the same word. I do have a bit of trouble understanding Swedish unless it's spoken very slowly.

Let me put it this way: Danish bacon is so good, when Britain applied for EEC membership in '73, Denmark was basically forced to apply because the British's appetite for their bacon was too lucrative to potentially lose that market. Ireland was then forced to apply too, because they didn't want to lose out to the formidable combination of tariff barriers and Danish greasy goodness, and as a result Denmark and Ireland are in the EU now... because of bacon. Delicious Danish bacon.

Let me put it this way: Danish bacon is so good, when Britain applied for EEC membership in '73, Denmark was basically forced to apply because the British's appetite for their bacon was too lucrative to potentially lose that market. Ireland was then forced to apply too, because they didn't want to lose out to the formidable combination of tariff barriers and Danish greasy goodness, and as a result Denmark and Ireland are in the EU now... because of bacon. Delicious Danish bacon.
That's pure lies. :lol: There's no Danish anything in Ireland I tells yeah!
The only reason Ireland joined was because we were poor and wanted everyones money!

Vintersorg isn't a live act at this point..but we've not closed the door forever to the stage centre...it's about tima actually..I'm studying full time, have jobs on the side as well as a family...so you can imagine my schedule.

mr V

What do you study Mr.V? Is that how you write such intelligent lyrics?

Rivfadír;6810732 said:
Except for Dublin.
Have you been there before?
Dublins a crap hole IMO, probably the worst place I've been in Ireland...... next to Limerick maybe!

Haha every town in Ireland has a Lidl and/or aldi in it. We have loads of other shops too, but those shops are nearly guaranteed!

haha, we (me and 2 friends) went to ireland and in some town we actually found an aldi and a lidl, haha. that was awesome!
but it was far more like... modern, you even have tv commercials by aldi, we dont have that in germany. awesome, höhö ^^
omfg, sorry im drung, haha, merry like christmas^^