Frank leaving not a huge surprise...

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
he has seemed "distant" to me in recent years. Almost the way Danny Spitz was on the White Noise tour. I just don't think his heart was in it. I wish him the best, but he can be replaced. One member a band does not make. Scott and Charlie are the Gene and Paul of Anthrax, and if they wish to continue, they will.

dutchy said:
distant???sorry TD but that man worked harder on stage then the rest of the 4!!
i am not a seasoned anthrax live concert goer but frank seemed kind of fake in his live show antics,it was a big let down for me on stomp tour,but thats just me,i used to read in interviews how he wanted to study acting and my attitude is if he doesnt do it now he will always think what could have been.

if it wa scott charlie or john leaving i would be sick with worry!!!!!!!!

It was a huge suprise to me. You'd think he'd at least hang around a little while longer. I mean with the WDD video being out soon, and the DVD, and the remake album just around the corner...it just seems like a strange time for him to leave after being in the band for 20 years.

Frank leaving hit me as a shock - especially with the Australia tour so close. I just don't think the shows will be the same now without his antics on stage and presence.

TD said:
he has seemed "distant" to me in recent years. Almost the way Danny Spitz was on the White Noise tour. I just don't think his heart was in it. I wish him the best, but he can be replaced. One member a band does not make. Scott and Charlie are the Gene and Paul of Anthrax, and if they wish to continue, they will.
I don't see how you can say his heart wasn't in it.

On stage he was awesome, that is not what I was getting at. He seemed distant from the guys backstage and what not. Aloof almost. He almost left in 2000 over the whole SOD thing, I just don't think he had the same vibe with Chas and Scott the last few years.

TD said:
On stage he was awesome, that is not what I was getting at. He seemed distant from the guys backstage and what not. Aloof almost. He almost left in 2000 over the whole SOD thing, I just don't think he had the same vibe with Chas and Scott the last few years.

I agree with you. Backstage when I saw Thrax last year he seemed distant. After the show he was going balistic at the rest of the band while me and Pearl were hanging out waiting. I must say I hate to see him go though.

intersting thought on how many more albums they will do,i think rob has given them a fresh energy to continue on,who know maybe a new bassist will give them even more hunger,one thing we can say about anthrax is they are survivors,i say they will do at least 2 more,hell if they can top wcfya with there next album i cannot see why they couldnt keep going!

I agree with TD on that backstage distancy thing.
I agree with Dutchy on that onstage thing.
Those two Paul and Gene fired his ass and I believe there´s some money involved.

I dont think Dutchy is 2 far off the mark there, Europe's where they are selling the album and having the sellout tours, however i think the band would split before they would take such a drastic course of action.