Fredrik and Mattias leave Katatonia

But this is easier to accept than if Anders, Daniel, or the worst, if Jonas left! Those 3 guys MUST stick together!!
This kind of sounds as if those 3 are better beings and Fred & Mattias have been replaceable from the begin on @_@;;

Anyway, I kind of feel like saying incredibly stupid things in the vein of "If this is the price of touring, then don't tour", but yes, I am aware of how pathetic this sounds so I better shut the fuck up and go sulk on my own.

Quite a surprise... hm...

i really hope that they will be happy with this decision. other than that, they will be replaced with some good guys.

This kind of sounds as if those 3 are better beings and Fred & Mattias have been replaceable from the begin on @_@;...

Ah, well no. If I came across that way it was not intentional;)
They are all important in the individual roles they play, of course. Just saying that as far as the songwriting is concerned Jonas and Anders are actually the two leaders/writers of the famed Katatonia sound. And for Daniel, it sometimes (not always) seems that it's more difficult to find excellent drummers than guitar and bass players for live shows.

But regardless, it's still a sad loss for Katatonia and us. Still, they will carry on, no doubt.

that's sad because they will not even play this new album tour that they've made too.
but i can understand at the same time that being far too much time from family can be very tough!
we will miss their sound and their presence....

i'd like to see jonas playing bass

Sad news, but they probably has good reasons.. best of luck to kryptan and north in the future. But i must say katatonia lives on, katatonia are always for me, and have always been Anders and Jonas. A good combo of weirdness that match each other perfect.

Edit: bad spelling, as always :p

WOW! SUPER SHOCK!! Very sad news, but what's done is done. I agree, that the similar change to Opeth was very nerve-racking as well. But (to me anyhow) Opeth's change was not bad at all, since Mike is the main contributer. Just like Anders and Jonas are to the Katz. Also agree that big changes can lead to fresh starts, new beginnings, whatever you want to call them. As long as this doesn't disrupt the remaining members (in the long run, that is), this can become very positive. Only time will tell, but I'm still expecting more Katatonia releases in the future. Which road they take, I trust will be the right one.

Schocking news indeed. Seems like November/December really is the time of parting with all kind of things... Rauhnächte

Thanks for those awesome gigs I saw Katatonia playing with you, Norrman brothers!!

Well I realize I am a "n00b" to Katatonia and my opinion won't matter much, but I still hate to see members in any of the bands I love end up leaving. Katatonia has really blown me away with their last two releases and it's unfortunate that the formula for the band will now be getting tampered with. I am, however, very grateful that Jonas and Anders will still be involved (I hope) for the long run. I cannot fault the brothers for leaving though. As wonderful as music is, there are a few things in life that must come before it. I wish the remaining members of Katatonia much luck and success in finding new replacements.
Jack

WOW! SUPER SHOCK!! Very sad news, but what's done is done. I agree, that the similar change to Opeth was very nerve-racking as well. But (to me anyhow) Opeth's change was not bad at all, since Mike is the main contributer. Just like Anders and Jonas are to the Katz. Also agree that big changes can lead to fresh starts, new beginnings, whatever you want to call them. As long as this doesn't disrupt the remaining members (in the long run, that is), this can become very positive. Only time will tell, but I'm still expecting more Katatonia releases in the future. Which road they take, I trust will be the right one.

Thanks, that was pretty much what I was thinking. I tend to be happy with changes as long as it doesn't mean loosing the vocalist or a unique drummer...or guitarist...or as you said "main contributers". I hope for some interesting changes..even if the band is more or less perfect now.

Shit news tbh. Both are very very good musicians, and honestly, finding replacements won't be easy. I'm pretty sure Katatonia will still be going strong though, taking into account the fact that Jonas and Anders are the main songwriters.