Fredrik and Mattias leave Katatonia

I can't believe what to say NITND looked like a release of Jonas to me too but i don't know it is hard swallow.I can't accept this.Even though some people thinks diffrent i think it would be more easier to swallow the leave of all members but Fred to me.I am a fan of them till 96.I still can't believe it.Even though Jonas and Anders was the coremembers Fred was special.Maybe because of him being the only member listening the bands i love.Probably i will hate the new guitarist yes it is silly but it is like that.I am really shocked so shocked that can't mourn this loss to the band.Well even though i love to watch them live i would accept only studio products.I want to cry out that why the hell are they touring...I am listening them for 14 years.They were like brothers to me.It is like one day you come to me home and learn that your brother is dead and you got the news the day after.It will be really hard to swallow for me.Kata is no ordinary band for me and Fred was no ordinary band member.I still can't believe it.

I can't believe what to say NITND looked like a release of Jonas to me too but i don't know it is hard swallow.I can't accept this.Even though some people thinks diffrent i think it would be more easier to swallow the leave of all members but Fred to me.I am a fan of them till 96.I still can't believe it.Even though Jonas and Anders was the coremembers Fred was special.Maybe because of him being the only member listening the bands i love.Probably i will hate the new guitarist yes it is silly but it is like that.I am really shocked so shocked that can't mourn this loss to the band.Well even though i love to watch them live i would accept only studio products.I want to cry out that why the hell are they touring...I am listening them for 14 years.They were like brothers to me.It is like one day you come to me home and learn that your brother is dead and you got the news the day after.It will be really hard to swallow for me.Kata is no ordinary band for me and Fred was no ordinary band member.I still can't believe it.

I don't mean to disrespect you here, but it's really not THAT bad. I understand your sorrow over this, but life (and especially music!) carries on.
It's not such a tragedy as you described about a brother dying. The band will look different on stage, yes, but I doubt the sound will change because of the two brothers leaving. It's still a sad loss, I agree. But it's not a tragedy. By not accepting the change that's happened with Katatonia you're really only causing yourself so much pain over your unwillingness to accept what is.

I would encourage you to try and simply accept what has happened (even if you don't like it, just like the rest of us don't like it either), and stand behind/with the remaining Kat boys and support them if you like their music still.

You'll get over the shock of this news after a while;)

We will all miss the two brothers though, and wish them our best.

One more thing I'd add is that it WOULD BE GREAT if Katatonia did just ONE MORE CONCERT with the current lineup of members and made a nice dvd for us to remember! One last encore with the Bros!

Take it easy man, if you compare this to a family member dying, eerrrrrr... :ill:

How sad, although I fully support their decision to put familiy before career.
It's such a pity I haven't been to a Katatonia concert for quite a while, it would have been nice at least to bid them farewell.
I whish them all the best for their future!
We will miss you!

I also would like to wish the Norrman brethren all the best for the future! Thanks for the gigs I did see with you guys and for the short chats I had with you both.

l_a63ba661bd06e26155161697222acf1a.jpg

what the fu...

this is not my goddamned week.

First my grandmother is expected to die on christmas day.

Then my best friend since 6th grade that I haven't seen in two goddamned years comes back to town just to tell me to go fuck myself and he never wants to see me again for reasons unknown to me...

and then this????

I need a beer and LFDGD right now.

:cry:

I also would like to wish the Norrman brethren all the best for the future! Thanks for the gigs I did see with you guys and for the short chats I had with you both.

l_a63ba661bd06e26155161697222acf1a.jpg

Hey I know that pic :) Good times!

I was hoping for a reunion this tour , too bad!

Wish them all the best for the future and thanks for all the years *hugs ya both!!*

This is such a great oppertunity.
To be honest I don't think both guys have had a whole lot of influence on the sound. The big force is Jonas and Anders. Also Daniel makes himself a very valuable member, but Mattias and Fredrik are the least damaging to leave the band. So actually I'm very thrilled about what new members can bring into the katatonia equation. Katatonia will have the extremely strong basis in Jonas and Anders, so the difference can only be subtly. I think it will be a bit refreshing, so...
All the best Katatonia. Good luck with finding new members.
And of course great thanks to Mattias and Fredrik

^ Finally someone I can agree with. Cos I don't mean to be disrespectful at all towards Mattias and Fredrik, but indeed, their influence on the last few albums was very little. I honestly don't think anyone will "notice" their absence on future albums.
It's not nearly as dramatic as some people make it out to be. Now, if Jonas or Anders left, that would be something else.

That sucks big time! I would be so proud being a part of great band like Katatonia. I always hear family, family ... I live that life for years and I can't understand how someone could ever want to trade KATATONIA (!) for an everyday-life. There's nothing great about sitting at home, watching TV and doing household chores...

My motherheart has to disagree with you!!!

I do understand very well that family comes first but even so, we don't know exactly what is the reason for this departure.
And that's fine because it's personal.

btw, I do agree with you that sitting in front of the tv is not great... but you can choose to do a lot of other wonderful stuff at home :)