Fuck Metallica !

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
I know this subject has been discussed in the past but I either forgot the answer or just rejected it.

Aside from Metallica's recent questionable LP releases, this band just sucks. Not live. They kick ass live. Then how you may ask??

Because they don't help out a fellow big four band. That's why.

Why don't they take Anthrax out on the road with them? I know they did it back in 86 in Europe. Of course, I know of the tragedy that occured on that tour. But why haven't they taken Anthrax out on the road with them during moments of strife in Anthrax's career? Say, the 90's? Now?

You could argue Metallica doesn't have much say in who supports them on tour. But I don't buy that for a minute. Pantera took Anthrax on the road with them to play hockey arena's back in 98.

I once read Hetfield declare "Only" as a perfectly written song. Metallica asked John Bush to be their frontman back in the day. So, it's obvious that they're Bush fans. They let 13 years slip by without a Metallica/Anthrax tour.

What a shame. Could you imagine the exposure of a U.S. tour playing for forty thousand plus nightly??

AlexStomp said:
I know this subject has been discussed in the past but I either forgot the answer or just rejected it.

Aside from Metallica's recent questionable LP releases, this band just sucks. Not live. They kick ass live. Then how you may ask??

Because they don't help out a fellow big four band. That's why.

Why don't they take Anthrax out on the road with them? I know they did it back in 86 in Europe. Of course, I know of the tragedy that occured on that tour. But why haven't they taken Anthrax out on the road with them during moments of strife in Anthrax's career? Say, the 90's? Now?

You could argue Metallica doesn't have much say in who supports them on tour. But I don't buy that for a minute. Pantera took Anthrax on the road with them to play hockey arena's back in 98.

I once read Hetfield declare "Only" as a perfectly written song. Metallica asked John Bush to be their frontman back in the day. So, it's obvious that they're Bush fans. They let 13 years slip by without a Metallica/Anthrax tour.

What a shame. Could you imagine the exposure of a U.S. tour playing for forty thousand plus nightly??

I agree. I saw a video on MetOnTour where someone asked Het about the new Anthrax record (WCFYA) and he said he really dug it, it was super heavy. Where is the tour to back that shit up man? They shared the same living space when they started out.

AlexStomp said:
I They kick ass live.

They fucking suck live now. James ruins every single song with his stupid 'yeahhhs' dumb bullshit. I can't stand wathing them play live. As much as I liked Rob in Suicidal I can't stand him rolling around like a monkey in Metallica. I hate this band they are dead to me

Metallica were an awesome band, they really were. But ego have gotten in the way and they are so pathetic a live act now its quite sad, really. Go back 15yr and James was swearing and calling us fuckers, now he seems to have swallowed the psychology crap SO much he loves us all and seemingly wants to make passionate love to us all. It a great tragedy the road they've went down.

why should metallica take anthrax on tour with them ? why do they need to "help" the other big 4 bands out ? this isn't 1988. all these bands been around over 20 years , they should be helping new bands get exposure. it's a cool idea for a festival date but a tour, come on it makes no sense.

oh fuck COME ON! just because james isn't cussing like crazy anymore you don't like them live? do you need to hear people call you a fucking asshole to be 'metal' enough for you? here: you're a motherfucking piece of ass sucking whore bag piss drinking shit! happy?

yes they're live show has changed, fucking respect that, it'd be pretty sad if their stage show was exactly the same as in 1983 wouldn't it? out of tune guitars, james' voice barely out of puberty...

they're still the same band, if you don't like the new albums, that's fine with me... get over it... just because a band makes a few albums you don't like you're all being little 2 year old pussies who don't want mommy to give you a bottle instead of her boob, because it's -ooOOOoo- different.
Don't like the album, don't buy it, accept it, and stop bitching about it... You don't hear me whining that I hate korn so much because after the 2nd/3rd album they changed styles, or soilwork because they went from melodic death to catchy swedish metal, or goddamn joe satriani because he shreds more sparingly now and tries to make songs more than 5 minute guitar solos...

pfffff and now you're all gonna be pissed at me so let the dumbass flames begin

oh and for the record, yes I think it would be awesome if metallica took bands like antrax, testament, exodus, death angel etc. on tour with 'em again :D

If it were not for Anthrax, Metallica would have starved to death in NYC.

Anyway, yeah, I agree, I don't much care for them. Live or not. I don't care that James stopped cursing, I care that he sings all high and whiney and throws "yeah yeah childs" into every other line.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
They fucking suck live now

They always sucked live. The number of bootlegs circa '86 that I've heard that kick in with James playing Battery a million times faster than on the album but then having to slow down for Cliff, Lars and Kirk... it's a joke.

Me and my mates have had this discussion: had Metallica had Tom Hunting, Jason Newsted and a guitarist who could actually play and/or write a riff they might have been a force to be reckoned with.

I agree with the first post, Metallica care only about themselves, but then again, that's the only way to survive in the business, so...:confused: It would be the right thing to do to take some of the old bands on stadium tours with them, but I really wouldn't want Metallica ruining my Anthrax etc concert. Why? Because they do fucking suck ass live!

James Hetfield is a neanderthal grunter.

Apart from that Metallica has the following special features:

*Worst singer in metal (+ ugliest)
*Worst lead guitarist in metal
*Worst metal drummer

I think that this board should be called the AntiMetallica Forum, cause all you do guys is bash Metallica albums, tours, and everything you can ... Fuck that!! this is an Anthrax Board, i wonder what MR. Wu would think about all this threads.

I love Anthrax, i like the music they do from their first to the last album, but it is NOT a Metallica problem that they dont get what they deserve.

Anthrax are part of the Elite bands in Heavy Metal, so they might not need Metallica or other bands support to have what they deserve, they should have make their own path.

Bands have different managments that make deals and contracts, maybe Anthrax manag aren't good at all. I remember reading somewhere that Ian said that because of their record label, SOWN album didnt get all the promotion they deserve, cause they give it to somewhere else. And for me SOWN is an album that should have make the work.

And it is strange, cause if Anthrax would have made it with SOWN and make a big tour, maybe today, you could be saying that Anthrax are "Sold Outs"

Like someone said, The big bands should be there to help grow newer bands, not same age bands.

Stop bashing other bands!!! this is an Anthrax Board, talk about Anthrax, i wonder if the CDC Forum is the same as this one.

jcfuel said:
I think that this board should be called the AntiMetallica Forum, cause all you do guys is bash Metallica albums, tours, and everything you can ... Fuck that!! this is an Anthrax Board, i wonder what MR. Wu would think about all this threads.

I love Anthrax, i like the music they do from their first to the last album, but it is NOT a Metallica problem that they dont get what they deserve.

Anthrax are part of the Elite bands in Heavy Metal, so they might not need Metallica or other bands support to have what they deserve, they should have make their own path.

Bands have different managments that make deals and contracts, maybe Anthrax manag aren't good at all. I remember reading somewhere that Ian said that because of their record label, SOWN album didnt get all the promotion they deserve, cause they give it to somewhere else. And for me SOWN is an album that should have make the work.

And it is strange, cause if Anthrax would have made it with SOWN and make a big tour, maybe today, you could be saying that Anthrax are "Sold Outs"

Like someone said, The big bands should be there to help grow newer bands, not same age bands.

Stop bashing other bands!!! this is an Anthrax Board, talk about Anthrax, i wonder if the CDC Forum is the same as this one.

Agreed :Spin:

jcfuel said:
I think that this board should be called the AntiMetallica Forum, cause all you do guys is bash Metallica albums, tours, and everything you can ... Fuck that!! this is an Anthrax Board, i wonder what MR. Wu would think about all this threads..

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86811

I honestly don't care about Metallica past or present so my opinion is moot and biased on the fact that I never liked them.. Never liked them and never cared...Would much rather listen to Slayer then any of their albums.

if metallica sucked so bad since releasing no life til leather, or whenever they sold out and stoped being tru metal, why are they the biggest metal band on the planet? Are that many people 'sheep' or cows or not tru metal but gay metal? Its all jealousy and its petty. metallica are the best live band ive seen, live or on video and WHO THE FUCK starts crying because he goes 'yeah yeah?' you've had FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS to get over that. go cry into you limited pressing canibal nobrot e.p that only 3 other people listen to and fuck off whining.

grow some balls people and shut up.

karrokid said:
why should metallica take anthrax on tour with them ? why do they need to "help" the other big 4 bands out ? this isn't 1988. all these bands been around over 20 years , they should be helping new bands get exposure. it's a cool idea for a festival date but a tour, come on it makes no sense.

Agreed. This is another stupid thread. Hell, Metallica doesn't even need an openining act. But if they do, it should be a "new band."

I´d rather see AnthraX with Lamb of God and Testament on a European tour. A mix of old and new. Or with Iron Maiden...

Or maybe a tour with Slayer so King gets to watch a good live show and maybe put some action into his!

jcfuel said:

Spot on.

But it would be great for a couple of festivals with my favorite bands on just for me:headbang: