Fun Stuff

I don't know if this is funny or not, but belongs rather to this thread anyway. Seems like that chipotle sauce stuff was only a beginning, but especially this has nothing to do with the music...

...but if it's really true that they're not tested with animals, as an animal person I must appreciate that detail. At least a tiny good thing in this.

Can't stop my laugh! Cosmetical tips were something that I was not expecting. :D
(for real I'am glad that also men dare to say they use cosmetics, at least here in Finland it is something that general-finnish-MAN does not do aloud)

So, now we really need that hair treatment -serie, but without an animal testing. :)

In english: there are Esa and Sande telling why they use Rehab London products.

Uusi pohjanoteeraus. :p Sorry for being cynical, but animal testing for cosmetics just got banned in the EU, so I don't see any marketing value in that claim anymore. If they really care about ethics and natural ingredients when choosing their cosmetics, I'd recommend them to go for Lush instead and preferably to STFU about it. My uneducated guess on what cosmetics they really use on tour is whatever soap the Teboil restroom dispenser contains.

Uusi pohjanoteeraus. :p

No nimenomaan. :D

(for real I'am glad that also men dare to say they use cosmetics, at least here in Finland it is something that general-finnish-MAN does not do aloud)

I actually thought the same, stereotypical Finnish man definitely wouldn't like to admit such things. :D

But still, it feels just like shallow marketing of material - and one of them did say that "people live with too many material things these days and everyone could live with less amount of them." Absolutely.

Next thing we know, Tomi J. will be advertising the new dishwashing liquid - pink rubber gloves and all... :err::err::err:
This is ridiculous!!!
Don't they have some dignity left? :puke:

Uusi pohjanoteeraus. :p Sorry for being cynical, but animal testing for cosmetics just got banned in the EU.
And, sorry to continue the cynical way, if the product is animal-testing-free, it always don't meen that some part of the product could be tested by animal. I want to believe that all the components are animal-free, if so is mentioned, but the ugly truht is we never know.

My uneducated guess on what cosmetics they really use on tour is whatever soap the Teboil restroom dispenser contains.
I think you are quite right :) Unleast when the samples from Rehab London are used end.

Hyvää vappuhuumoria! Good may day humor!

Next thing we know, Tomi J. will be advertising the new dishwashing liquid - pink rubber gloves and all... :err::err::err:
This is ridiculous!!!
Don't they have some dignity left? :puke:

Unleast they are not smiling in big posters and trying to convince that this is the best thing right after music. :heh:
And then we have to remember, that heavy/metalmusic here in Finland is the same thing that any other genre: all about marketing and mainstream. Famous metal bands make this kind of stuff just like the others.
So I don't think it is about losing their dignity. But yeah, ridiculous, that it really is.

Next thing we know, Tomi J. will be advertising the new dishwashing liquid

Or how about this? The slogan might be A swan song for your toilet stains.

buythis_zps9dc49109.jpg

Hauskaa vappua!
party-hat-and-balloons-smiley-emoticon.gif

^^ :lol: :D That's good one!

But I think that there was nothing wrong when Tomi J once advertised Kalevala Koru and their Tervas-jewellery series, as there actually was kind of connection with the theme and Amorphis. It was quite good thing, I think.

There is a small difference between posing for Kalevala Koru (brilliant session - have the poster on my door) and dispensing beauty tips and endorsing cosmetics (or beer, sneakers, whatever other consumer product, with the exception of musical equipment) ;)

In the first case we have Tomi Joutsen as a private awfully good looking person posing for a photo session. Nowhere on the poster or the print ads, I saw any reference to Amorphis. Besides, Tomi really does wear Kalevala Koru bracelets - I have the pics from their first gig in Bulgaria to prove it and I bet he's been wearing them since before he became "famous". Probably just because he likes them. And more power to him!

On the other hand we have two guys from Amorphis blatantly endorsing a men's cosmetics series, which just about launches in Scandinavia. I bet my ass they heard of it about two weeks before appearing on the website.

I do love well-groomed nice-smelling men, don't get me wrong, but this is ridiculous and demeaning. And I do have mistrust for men who use more cosmetic products than me.

I hope they got a nice thick wad of cash for this :)

There is a small difference between posing for Kalevala Koru (brilliant session - have the poster on my door) and dispensing beauty tips and endorsing cosmetics (or beer, sneakers, whatever other consumer product, with the exception of musical equipment) ;)

I know, I started to think about it more after my last post. ;)

I do love well-groomed nice-smelling men, don't get me wrong, but this is ridiculous and demeaning. And I do have mistrust for men who use more cosmetic products than me.;)

Couldn't agree more with this. Also, hopefully they still remember that the most important thing is good music, not good looks. :p But after all, I guess that it's just my fear about Amorphis turning into a similar commercial band like Nightwish, with lots of excessive merchandise & other stuff like that. Well as long as the music itself is good, things are quite fine for me, but would be pity anyway.

Also, hopefully they still remember that the most important thing is good music, not good looks. :p

Good looks are important too, but I don't think anyone's complaining here, hee-hee ;)

But after all, I guess that it's just my fear about Amorphis turning into a similar commercial band like Nightwish, with lots of excessive merchandise & other stuff like that.

The management is the same, so there is a trend already and I think your fears are well-founded, because I, and some other people on the forum, share them.

We could get the exclusive mail order offer for branded slippers, maybe even in the shape of swans, come Christmas. A movie, too.

Just don't fire the singer!

Brilliant!!!!! :worship::worship::worship:

Thanks!
Embarrassed.gif

Good looks are important too, but I don't think anyone's complaining here, hee-hee ;)
Oh, certainly not. And I'm of the same opinion that the Kalevala Koru colloboration was on a completely different level in terms of credibility. Not only has Tomi been wearing their products for many years, but even one of his oldest tattoos depicts a KK brooch he got from his mother. And long before he even joined the band, the company had already suggested some form of cooperation, although nothing came of it at the time. That was back in the nineties, after Amorphis made the Ukonvasara popular beyond Finland. Not to forget that the booklet of Elegy could be mistaken for a KK brochure.
Wink.gif

The management is the same, so there is a trend already and I think your fears are well-founded, because I, and some other people on the forum, share them. We could get the exclusive mail order offer for branded slippers, maybe even in the shape of swans, come Christmas. A movie, too.
OMFG, don't give 'em ideas!
LOL.gif

Just don't fire the singer!
Although with Pasi Koskenkorvinen in their ranks, they might have given second thoughts to publicly endorsing a product called "Rehab".
Tongue.gif

At least before they did have; year and half ago I ordered my Ukonvasara exactly from the KK webshop. But I had a look at their shop again and seems like that they don't have it in the catalogue anymore. Maybe it's sold out?

As far as I can see, St. John's Arms is also out of stock, but they have it in their catalogue, whereas they don't have Ukonvasara at all. There is something called 'Thor's hammer', but it doesn't look like Mjolnir to me.

I'm not planning on buying or anything, but I'd like to have an Ukonvasara - so I searched the site, and...well, I think it's a bit weird. Isn't Ukonvasara like one of the most important symbols of Finnish culture?