FUUUUCK! ROOPE QUIT THE BAND!!!!

Yeah, it's stupid that Alexi doesn't understand what made Bodom big. He then thinks the thrash shit is the shit and he tries to lick the butts of bands like Lamb of God, when they would be licking Bodom's toenails had he continued with the FTR style. It's like no-one is daring to advice Alexi. It's like if no-one dared to advice a person to do swimming when he's beating Phelps' times at his home pool, instead he chooses to do canooing because he happens to dig that even tho he sucks at it.

Well... I think he hears the fans cry out but just does not give a fuck cuz thats the kind of person he is. And in the end he can do whatever the fuck he want.

You guys should read the Metal Hammer interview. Alexi and Janne explain themselves pretty well. Janne is particularly harsh on the old stuff. Maybe he's the bad influence on Alexi.

Even if Janne or Alexi honestly thought the older albums were "better" they wouldn't admit it.

It just seems to me that Alexi is in his head still 5 years old. He seems always to displease the people who like them.
For the first time his parents by dropping school and forming a band.
Then do extreme music.
And since a few years the people who like his old stuff. I guess the next step is, when enough people
like this shit he will move on to the next step by going full mediocre metalcore which includes
bad autotuned clean vocals etc. The problem is not that he grew up, the problem is that
he never grown up.
Only when no one is buying his shit again, and everyone is ignoring him he'd change.
His ugly fedora hat is the symbol of his childish acting.

Reactions: NewHewkas
As long as there are enough american skater bois who's willing to put enough money into the new shit, there will be no return. And of course as long as he's wearing that stupid hat. Don't know if I mentioned it before.
Are there any sale statistics for IWC and HOB for different countries? How were the sales of the last two albums in Finland?

Someone here before said he's grown up that's why he makes this kind of music, but I disagree with this statement, because I think lot of ageing musicians make more sophisticated songs than they did when they were young. As Peter Steele said, he gave up Carnivore(thrash-punk band) because he/they understood government and politicians are a necessarily (bad) things, so he moved on to Type O, which was IMO a very sophisticated band, another good example could be Metallica who started with wild thrash and after that they've made Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters etc. Alexi is like a reversed Peter Steele... So yeah, maybe RICJAMES' right.

Sure, when you start out making simple music it makes sense that you progress to more complex stuff. But what if you start like COB doing crazy complicated stuff. Do you want to hear COB doing progressive metal these days? I don't. So it was unavoidable that at some point they would go for something "simpler".

I hope the new guitarist play songs style like Roope play. Roopes playing sometimes not are most cleaning playing, but he still playing so much interesting stuff of rhythm guitar. Like guitar veterans do. Melodies and... You know ;) and sorry for my bad english. I'm speak and wrote most of time finnish language :rofl: if I write

Maybe the new guitar guy is a black n i gger? That would be sick, and it could open their market to Africa. And if Alexi decides to stop doing vocals one day then they should get a black female to scream vocals, especially if she dyed her hair red that would be interesting to see, the whole voodoo-thing is kind of suitable for COB.

Last edited:
Dude, you serious ? Don't wanna start on politics and/or race protectionism because I always have problem if I dare saying what I think, but dude, they are FINNISH, they are EUROPEANS, and they play fucking EUROPEAN music... And even on a simple "music/aestetic/atmosphere" point of view, all you said would be fucking horrible! Urg..

Nah seriously, the most important thing is the guitarist likes their music and understands the tiny details in their songs that create feeling.

But it's like if you ask some european composer to compose traditional chinese music. Sure, they would do something nice, but it would never be as genuine as when it's made by native. Same with European music. I'm sorry, I agree that you can "copy" culture, but you can't be genuine if you're not originally a part of it.
And what you suggested would just make CoB even more "less finnish".. That'd be too much for me.

Now that the dust has settled... Found out from a reliable source that Roope is having some problems with his left hand and his alcohol use. In this light it kinda sucks that they got a new guitar player while their "brother" is having some health issues. This also makes the fact that they haven't decided if Freyberg will join the band permanently easier to understand. It´s a shame what´s going on with Roope, such a great guitarist and a nice guy. Let´s hope that he gets his shit straight.

Yeah, that is a shame. Now that we hear what it sounds like when someone plays by the book, I miss Roope's more inventive approach live.

Now that the dust has settled... Found out from a reliable source that Roope is having some problems with his left hand and his alcohol use. In this light it kinda sucks that they got a new guitar player while their "brother" is having some health issues. This also makes the fact that they haven't decided if Freyberg will join the band permanently easier to understand. It´s a shame what´s going on with Roope, such a great guitarist and a nice guy. Let´s hope that he gets his shit straight.
What?