13 - Depeche Mode
13.5 - Muse (-2)
11.5 - Die Toten Hosen
09 - Infected Mushroom
9 - Blackmore's Night
9 - Sigur Rós
8 - System of a Down
11 - Tool

plintus only forgot to delete the +2 from previous post, he didnt add those 2 points, if you mean that, Hitori. And I agree, going with 0.5s is stupid, I hope UC will keep his promise and never do it again. :)

12 - Dead Can Dance
9.5 - Radiohead
10 - Nick Cave (-1)
13.5 - Pink Floyd (+2)
08 - Tori Amos
14 - Dredg
10 - Air
13 - Depeche Mode
13.5 - Muse
10.5 - Die Toten Hosen (-1)
09 - Infected Mushroom
09 - Blackmore's Night
09 - Sigur Rós
08 - System of a Down
11 - Tool

marduk1507 said:
plintus only forgot to delete the +2 from previous post, he didnt add those 2 points, if you mean that, Hitori. And I agree, going with 0.5s is stupid, I hope UC will keep his promise and never do it again. :)

It's still 8, so I'm clean :D

Yeah, no saving points, it's supposed to be "+" and "-", also, as it was said: you take points from some band and give them to another, so it can't be -2 and that's it then.

plintus said:
SOAD is like random noises, they have a number of songs I like, but overall - not my thing. Still can't get why Mezmerize sold like 400.000 copies first week... last two records got me so tired of them after a few spins, that I never got back to them since :)
On the contrary I love SOAD, it's one of my favourite bands. Serj's voice is great imo and his style of singing and ideas are totally unique. John Dolmayan is also one of my favourite drummers, I picked up quite some tricks from him (Toxicity was a lot of fun to learn :) ), and although there's only one guitar it never gets boring.

Randon noises eh? :) Well I wouldn't say that, you just have to get used to their style, it does take some time to get it though - like for many people DT is just random distorted noise, blasting and undecipherable screaming.

Blitzkrieg Pajo, do you actually know SOAD that good that you can say that about their lyrics and goals? Do you think the same about Axis of justice?

QRV said:
And somehow, I find it very logical that people who voted for In Flames on the other thread are now supporting Muse. :Smug:
Blitzkrieg Pajo said:
how do you mean that? I don't find them comparable in any way.
Vizjaqtaar said:
Can't stand that voice... it's like he's sobbing all the time.:yuk:
I like emo.
And no, they're not comparable.

marduk1507 said:
I hope UC will keep his promise and never do it again. :)
I never promised anything. In fact, i never said i wouldn't do it again.

12 - Dead Can Dance
10 - Radiohead (+0.5)
10 - Nick Cave
14 - Pink Floyd (+0.5)
08 - Tori Amos
14 - Dredg
10 - Air
11 - Depeche Mode (-2)
14 - Muse (+0.5)
11 - Die Toten Hosen (+0.5)
09 - Infected Mushroom
09 - Blackmore's Night
09 - Sigur Rós
08 - System of a Down
11 - Tool

Vizjaqtaar said:
Blitzkrieg Pajo, do you actually know SOAD that good that you can say that about their lyrics and goals?
well if not I would say that BYOB is about parties and bombs, which makes absolutely no sense and is therefore an even dafter song than I thought before.

Vizjaqtaar said:
Do you think the same about Axis of justice?
I don't know them.

13 - Dead Can Dance (+1)
08 - Radiohead (-2)
10 - Nick Cave
14 - Pink Floyd
08 - Tori Amos
14 - Dredg
10 - Air
11 - Depeche Mode
14 - Muse
11 - Die Toten Hosen
09 - Infected Mushroom
10 - Blackmore's Night (+1)
09 - Sigur Rós
08 - System of a Down
11 - Tool

UndoControl said:
I never promised anything. In fact, i never said i wouldn't do it again.
If you do it again, your votes for the day are cancelled.

13 - Dead Can Dance
08 - Radiohead
10 - Nick Cave
14 - Pink Floyd
08 - Tori Amos
14 - Dredg
10 - Air
11 - Depeche Mode
14 - Muse
11 - Die Toten Hosen
09 - Infected Mushroom
10 - Blackmore's Night
07 - Sigur Rós -2
10 - System of a Down +2
11 - Tool

UndoControl said:
KryptoN: You just hate me, don't you? ;)
Haven't really paid attention to what you have voted for/against (or anyone for that matter). :p

I have nothing against any of the bands on the list. This should be obvious to anyone who's not an idiot:

1. You have to give negative points.
thus
2. Decreasing points does not equal to hating/being against a band.

:err:

Vizjaqtaar said:
On the contrary I love SOAD, it's one of my favourite bands. Serj's voice is great imo and his style of singing and ideas are totally unique. John Dolmayan is also one of my favourite drummers, I picked up quite some tricks from him (Toxicity was a lot of fun to learn :) ), and although there's only one guitar it never gets boring.

Randon noises eh? :) Well I wouldn't say that, you just have to get used to their style, it does take some time to get it though - like for many people DT is just random distorted noise, blasting and undecipherable screaming.

Wrong, baby: Tankian's style is NOT unique at all, it's something might be original for untrained ears, but the way of singing seems to be influenced - one Armenian guy I know told me the way he sings - the same way it is done in Armenian churches :)

I'm listening to them for about 4 years now, all I know they suck live (in comparison), and what really gives me a grin is that Armenians listen to SOAD only cuz it's run by Armenians, when there is a huge number of far more decent bands :) Hey, those Armenian fellows don't even listen to anything heavier than Muse :D

But whatever. I recognize those guys as musicians, but don't dig what they are doing :)

KryptoN said:
Haven't really paid attention to what you have voted for/against (or anyone for that matter). :p
It was a joke.

KryptoN said:
I have nothing against any of the bands on the list. This should be obvious to anyone who's not an idiot:

1. You have to give negative points.
thus
2. Decreasing points does not equal to hating/being against a band.
I know. Again, it was a joke.

:err: