Non Metal Thread

FUCK all the Mars Volta shows out here were sold out when I checked! :( I really need to see those dudes.

I'm listening to Swans all day. Swans rule.

Ah, that's right. I'll definitely go to that show, since I dig both bands.

Mallfagz be damned, I'm bigger than most of them anyhow. :loco:

Anyone heard This Empty Flow?? It's stunning. Very difficult to compare it to anything but I think GYBE, Ulver, Coil and other weird sound stuff fans would enjoy it. It's kind of synth-pop, darkwave, electronic, gothic music. Unique sound. If someone is interested I can post some samples.

The new Foo Fighters which I listened to , at my friend's , is nothing special (as usual).Eaten up in 10 listens at best. In the vein of the previous albums , so if you like this , rush :)

Arunas said:
Anyone heard This Empty Flow?? It's stunning. Very difficult to compare it to anything but I think GYBE, Ulver, Coil and other weird sound stuff fans would enjoy it. It's kind of synth-pop, darkwave, electronic, gothic music. Unique sound. If someone is interested I can post some samples.
I have, only because I'm a Thergothon fanboy and ex-member of Thergothon play in TEF. I like that first album, and I don't care particularly if people laugh at me for it.

Pink Floyd anyone? Well, tey had their own thread already and will get another one soon when I think about it.

Heard some Yann Tiersen material? Clever mix of French popular music and soundtrack moods plus bits of Philip Glass-like minimalism - funny instruments layered and looped, naive but moving melody, some singing (mostly terrible) - the guy deserves all in all better than the neo-belle-époque middle-class hype his work on the horrid motion picture "Amélie" has elicited (some of his less inspired stuff anyway). I wouldn't listen to more than one album at a time though...

snow2fall said:
I went to see Farin Urlaub live on Thursday. I can hardly remember the last time I had so much fun. Everybody was dancing and jumping and singing along, and Farin obviously enjoyed himself a lot as well. :cool:

Farin is a genius. I recently got into his solo work (late May), and I already worship the "Endlich Urlaub" album - songs like "1000 Jahre schlechten Sex", "Am Strand", "Glücklich", "Lieber Staat" and "Wunderbar" are simply masterpieces. Needless to say, I envy you :dopey:

Ellestin said:
Pink Floyd anyone? Well, tey had their own thread already and will get another one soon when I think about it.

"Dark Side of the Moon" is the best album of all time, not my favorite, but the best.

I'd agree that Wish You Were Here is probably THE Pink Floyd album, with Animals being my personal favorite.

Dang, I haven't listened to Floyd in awhile.

Double dang, I need more Pink Floyd.

Yep, on both accounts. :)

Dark Side of the Moon is a bit overrated for me, but probably because I heard it So. Many. Times. while growing up. Until I discovered The Wall on my own, that was pretty much the only Pink Floyd I ever heard, and it probably took up 1/3 of the radio airtime on local rock stations. But overrated or not, it rules beyond belief.

:worship: Eclipse

Strangely enough (for me) "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" seem to be their most influential albums, while I regard "Animals" and "Atom Heart Mother" as far more adventurous and brilliant on the whole. But I'm a "The Wall" freak just as well. Hell, I even enjoyed "The Division Bell", call me a traitor...

If I ever picked up David Gilmour solo albums before picking up those from Roger Waters, I would be a traitor just like Ellestin. :loco:

I've never heard Atom Heart Mother WTF.