The Un-Metal thread...

In addition to metal, I really enjoy 70s rock, space rock, blues, kraut rock, prog rock, cowboy music, swing, and some classical.

some of my favorite non-metal bands:

Electric Light Orchestra
Tusmorke
Captain Beyond
Moon Safari
Orphan Land
Ghoultown
The Flying W Wranglers
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Grobschnitt
Mahavishnu Orchestra
the Stones
Jethro Tull
Hidria Spacefolk
The Outlaws
ASH RA TEMPEL
Electric Orange
Anekdoten
Black Bonzo

One of my absolute favorites of all time Frank Zappa. Brilliant man and musical genius. And in my opinion the most underrated guitarist ever, no one ever mentions him when we talk about brilliant guitar playing!

Also another odd man, Captain Beefheart. Anyone got some love for him!?

Not to mention all the awesome musicians his band has spawned.

Nightingale was great. I had two of their albums which I loved, and played repeatedly for a long while. Dan Swano has one of those voices you can appreciate even without music, very talented dude. I even like the Death Metal shit he did. Can't remember the band, but I used to have "Crimson II" by them. I was heavily into Soilwork at the time, and someone suggested I might like them as well. Not entirely the same, but I liked 'em, regardless. Edge Of Sanity, maybe?

Yes, Edge Of Sanity. The first Crimson blows the second one away. EoS were nothing revolutionary except doing a single track conceptual death metal album I guess. Ha ha but he rules and vocals both clean and growling are incredible.

Yes, Edge Of Sanity. The first Crimson blows the second one away. EoS were nothing revolutionary except doing a single track conceptual death metal album I guess. Ha ha but he rules and vocals both clean and growling are incredible.

I did hear that "Crimson I" was much better. I'll have to check it out. I'm more a fan of his vocals than any one band he's played in. Dan Swano could sing the phone book and I'd like it, ha