Non Metal Thread

these are all metal related, but aint metal:

3fe9054a-1185-4fab-aa63-b7d7c347ffd9_text.gif

Atlantean Monument and Ales Stenar are some of Darken's best works.

Atlantean Monument would be in my Official Top 5 Ever Rob Darken Released Albums In The Universe

Edit: The latest one though, ugh. Some lady is wailing the whole way through and reminds of shit-era Cruachan

I listen to non-metal about 60-70% of the time. I don't really do soft stuff though. Has to be upbeat/bubbly or dark or heavy or something. My top non-metal artists:

Bloodhound Gang
Anti-Nowhere League
Headless Chickens (post-punk/alternative rock)
Sticky Filth (somewhat metallic punk)
The Runaways
Björk (her post-punk band KUKL was great too)
New Model Army
Led Zeppelin
Dayglo Abortions (even more metallic punk)
Wax Chattels (noise rock/post-punk)
SPK
Laurie Anderson
Big Blue Blanket (punk)
Falsewander (dark ambient)
The Wreckery (bluesy gothic rock)
Einstürzende Neubauten
The B-52's
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (up to Murder Ballads at least, mostly too soft for me after that)
The Macc Lads
Throbbing Gristle
Left or Right (reggae meets stoner rock)
ZZ Top
Dupobs (experimental/noise)

I dig a heap of experimental/industrial/dark ambient/noise-type weird shit such as Agnostic Asylum, Avotor, Einleitungszeit, Hog Haul Valentine, In Slaughter Natives, Nurse With Wound, Pine Tree State Mind Control, Riurdja, The Residents, The Stroj.

There are also albums I regard well among Julie London's earlier stuff, Regurgitator, The Dead Weather, The Doors, The Stooges, more punk bands such as Agent Orange, Chaos UK, Cosmic Psychos, GBH, One Way System, Rust (Australia), The Celibate Rifles, UK Subs, not to mention Gang of Four's debut, and hip-hop such as Wu-Tang Clan, Cypress Hill, Fu-Schnickens, Onyx, Ultramagnetic MC's, Yugen Blakrok, Mr. Toxic...

I don't mind a few of the artists listed by OP. I listen to some Pink Floyd, Rush, Muse (they were great live), a bit of Lagwagon (but decided to give their concert here a miss), and I know the debuts of Captain Beyond and Leaf Hound. I saw Brant Bjork live twice and almost went a third time. Radiohead's kind of a pet hate of mine, except I don't mind listening to their first 3 albums. And let's pretend nobody ever listed Budgie in this thread - sure they have a few albums that are mostly rock, but they're one of the most seminal heavy metal bands to exist.

Last edited: