Gamers Thread

I've played Mass Effect some. The story and cinematic stuff was pretty damn cool, but the actual gameplay's pretty average, even bad when you get to the vehicle stuff.

Ah, it was harder for me to handle , even on Easy because of the control scheme on the PC version. Maybe that's where part of the tension came from, ha.
It's quite an oversight on the developers' part to stick the PC crowd with poor controls in a game that rewards pinpoint accuracy. Oh, well.. It's much tougher on Hard, and I rely on Stasis a lot, but since I'm familiar with most of the scripted scares, it's not as fun. But yea, there are plenty of them throughout the game.

Do you play with a controller or keyboard?

The keyboard, and I'm left-handed which makes it doubly difficult to play with the WSAD keys set for movement. I got used to it,though, but it still feels somewhat awkward.

After playing it for only a short period of time, I began to fantasize about a Japanese themed version. I would love so much to play the part of a ninja sneaking into one of those massive samurai fortresses. The French Revolution would be cool too, just not as much in my opinion.

EDIT: I would also love to play a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon / Hero / House of Flying Daggers type game.

There are far too few Japanese history based games out there, which makes no sense to me. Japanese history is fucking awesome. A decent, realistic, non-gay ninja vs. samurai game would be the fucking shit.

The keyboard, and I'm left-handed which makes it doubly difficult to play with the WSAD keys set for movement. I got used to it,though, but it still feels somewhat awkward.

I'm right handed but could never use the WSAD keys. Before I bought a controller, I'd use my left hand for the arrow keys, and edit controls so that I'd be using like M, <, > and whatever with my right. I was still able to dominate at EA hockey games though and because I was so used to it, when I bought the controller I had to get used to using that.

I would buy a controller, if the controls were a major issue in other games. Dead Space is the first one I've seen where you can't modify the basic layout. In this game the developers bound the arrow keys to navigating the various in-game 3D menus, however accessing these menus doesn't pause the game, meaning you can move with them in the background, so they had to map two separate layouts for character and menu navigation. Still, it's no excuse for casting these layouts in stone. Quite strange really.

There are far too few Japanese history based games out there, which makes no sense to me. Japanese history is fucking awesome. A decent, realistic, non-gay ninja vs. samurai game would be the fucking shit.
Kessen is the only one that I can think of, but I've never played it. Its wikipedia page links to Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition as similar games, but I've never heard of either of them.

Shit, I'm left handed and I've been using WASD since 3-4 years ago, never had any problems :p

I would buy a controller, if the controls were a major issue in other games. Dead Space is the first one I've seen where you can't modify the basic layout. In this game the developers bound the arrow keys to navigating the various in-game 3D menus, however accessing these menus doesn't pause the game, meaning you can move with them in the background, so they had to map two separate layouts for character and menu navigation. Still, it's no excuse for casting these layouts in stone. Quite strange really.

Most of them are only $20. Why wouldn't you buy one? Controllers are almsot a must for 3rd Person games.

Mouse+Keyboard is certainly more precise. Controllers usually require things like auto-aim to work effectively.