Gamers Thread

You left out Runestone. Unless you really get a kick out of traveling (and I'll admit, it's fun planning your journeys and shit...for about a half hour) this provides instant transport like Oblivion's fast travel, although not to as many locations. You can go to every fast travel point (i.e. boat, silt strider, teleport) point in the game (apparently this guy was lazy and didn't like to find new points) and a few extras. I actually like this because you show up on the dock and I can pretend I actually took the boat there.

I did not include it because I am content with the game's standard methods of transportation.

You left out Runestone. Unless you really get a kick out of traveling (and I'll admit, it's fun planning your journeys and shit...for about a half hour) this provides instant transport like Oblivion's fast travel, although not to as many locations. You can go to every fast travel point (i.e. boat, silt strider, teleport) point in the game (apparently this guy was lazy and didn't like to find new points) and a few extras. I actually like this because you show up on the dock and I can pretend I actually took the boat there.
Well, unlike Oblivion, Morrowind has a good enough world that it's actually fun to just sightsee.

Um...
sorry.
But having a world that looks nice is where Oblivion beats Morrowind. Sure, the grasslands around Balmora/Pelegiad/Scyada Neen are really nice. And Solsteim is pretty cool. But the majority of the world is ugly wastelands and ugly marshes. This is, btw, a fact.

I'm looking at my map of the world right now. And I mean the physical map that I have because I'm a nerd. And I'm right. The grasslands cover the western coast but the south is all obnoxious archipeligos. The eastern coast is just a clusterfuck and there's nothing important there aside from Sadrith Mora. Really, traveling in Morrowind isn't much fun. It gets really, really old.

Btw, got Fallout 3 today. Haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Tbh Morrowind is generic fantasy land. Mountains. Valleys. Hills. Giant purple monsters. How unique.

I don't mean to detract from the game at all, but Oblivion's generic nice real world landscape beats Morrowind's generic monotonous wasteland.

So i got past the bug I was having in F3. Did some research online, and found a solution. Let us hope there are not more hang ups like that in the future.

Tbh Morrowind is generic fantasy land. Mountains. Valleys. Hills. Giant purple monsters. How unique.

I don't mean to detract from the game at all, but Oblivion's generic nice real world landscape beats Morrowind's generic monotonous wasteland.

Every single place in Oblivion looks exactly the fucking same. It's the main reason why I didn't care for Oblivion... that and the fact that every person is exactly the same... that and the stupid persuasion game... well, the game just sucked overall.

Now you're just stupid.
It wasn't as good as morrowind, but it didn't "suck."
The persuasion game was silly, but so was the part where you could kill someone's family and then tell them jokes until they loved you.

Also, yes, Oblivion has 3 distinct environments (fields, woods, snowy mountains), but Morrowind has maybe 4: grass valleys and hills, blasted wastelands, blasted mountains, and shitty shitty bogs.

Swamps, mushroom forests, ash wastes, rocky coasts, and grassy plains.
Also, yes it did suck, it seemed like the entire design team was made of monkeys. Complete dumbing-down of an already dumbed-down (from Daggerfall) system, retarded plot, generic world, overuse of bloom, and way too many other things to mention.

Yeah, so I'm gonna ignore the Oblivion haters because otherwise a vein will burst in my forehead.

Instead, I'm just gonna announce that I'm gonna go play Fallout 3 now. I hope to report good things.

OBVLIVION IS TEH SUXORZ. PEOPLE WHO PLAY IT R EAZILY ENTERTAINED FAGGUTS!

No. I like the game. So I'll ignore the hate too, even though I can see why people hate it.

I'll have to agree with Black Friday here. The environments of Morrowind are so much more varied/original. Although Oblivion does look good (apart from the un-modded butt ugly looking people :p), it's generic fantasy setting is just that, generic. And I'm not just talking about the forests and vast grassy landscapes but the towns as well. The towns of Morrowind each had such a distinct look. Traveling on foot between locations was actually interesting (lets just pretend those god damned flying creatures didn't pop up every 10 seconds >_>).

Why Oblivion is still awesome though -> Dark Brotherhood.

For the brief time I played Oblivion I thought the dark volcanic-like setting of whatever that place is you end up in when you go through one of those gates, was pretty cool; I liked the atmosphere and architecture of the buildings there as well, very dark and creepy.

:lol: Voss, I have that vid card in my 8yr old computer, good luck playing anything new

Gah, I know. I've had my comp for a few years but luckily I don't play video games that often. The most recent one I've got is GTA San Andreas which came out in like '05?