Gamers Thread

I need to play some of the old D&D comp games.
How similar/different are they from Neverwinter Nights? Because I was slightly disappointed by how happy-unicorn-fantasy that stuff was. I generally prefer piles-of-dead-sad-unicorn fantasy like Diablo.

I think there were a few others. I experienced significant stability issues as soon as I started modding it, though. That was why I didn't do too much.

Don't add just about any mod, and always read up on mods for information about compatibility with other mods and such. I'm careful about what mods I add and I have 30-50 mods or something like that and the game rarely ever crashes (with the latest patch, the game is more stable than people give it credit for)

I've heard really good things about them. I've played the first Icewind dale game, which I heard they were similar.

Gameplay aswell as the graphics are very similar but Baldur's Gate is far superior in every other way in my opinion. If you like Icewind Dale you need to give it a shot.

wat!? You NEED to mod the CRAP out of Morrowind; it immediately and instantaneously (YES BOTH) becomes 900000 times awesomer.
Yeah. Any mods that I absolutely must have? I started playing again a few weeks ago. I hate searching for mods though, there's so fucking many of them. I do run a couple at the moment, mostly to change the retarded levelling system (I don't like worrying about getting x5 multipliers for the next level up) and some to make the game more realistic and challenging.

Cherko said:
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 are the best PC games ever made.
Fuck yes. I should play one of those again. Icewind Dale is kind of meh. It's like Baldur's Gate but linear... never really found a reason to play it over BG, but then again I never tried ID2. Is it any good?

WeAreInFlames said:
I've started playing Diablo 2 again. My barbarian is level 61 now.
If you get bored with the base game sometime, try this mod sometime. It takes some time to learn, but it makes the game a hell of a lot more interesting.

Yeah. Any mods that I absolutely must have? I started playing again a few weeks ago. I hate searching for mods though, there's so fucking many of them. I do run a couple at the moment, mostly to change the retarded levelling system (I don't like worrying about getting x5 multipliers for the next level up) and some to make the game more realistic and challenging.

I've got stuff to do now, but I'll post a list with links in a while. Nudity mods are a must for me, not because I want virtual boobs but because I wanna run around naked and kill people. Realism yay.

Fuck yes. I should play one of those again. Icewind Dale is kind of meh. It's like Baldur's Gate but linear... never really found a reason to play it over BG, but then again I never tried ID2. Is it any good?

Actually, I felt the same about ID1 so I never bothered with the sequel. Also, have you tried the BGTuTu mod for BG1? It lets you play BG1 with BG2's engine, requires that you have both 1 and 2 installed. It has a few bugs but it's worth it, being able to start from the very beginning with the new classes from 2.

My old Xbox (1) runs my MAME-X and FINAL BURN ALPHA in a NEOGEO MVS cabinet I bought off Ebay for £5, with arcade sticks.

I can't figure out how to make the coin-slot work with the Xbox, but even though it is really, really awesome!

keep trying!

i love these old stuff. games like ghost'n goblins, wwfest, golden axe, final fight, double dragon... and i like play those games listening to nwobhm.

perfect!

I've got stuff to do now, but I'll post a list with links in a while.

A few essentials. You'll need a FilePlanet account for most of these, but registration is free.

Better Bodies
Replaces Bethesda's ugly-as-fuck bodies with better-looking ones. Nudity is optional.

Morrowind Comes Alive
Adds plenty of NPC's to the game. More people to kill and stuff, yay.

Galsiah's Character Development
Replaces the bulky level-up system with a better one. There's some degree of customization of the rules too.

Ravenloft
Completely ridiculous housing mod. You might not want to use it if you feel that it's simply too big and luxurious, I sometimes do.

The Latest, Greatest Housing Mod
One of several mods that add houses that can be bought or earned through quests. There may be better mods of the same kind, but do not attempt to use several as there may be compatibility issues. As opposed to Ravenloft these houses actually fit the game.

fuck. Has anyone else had problems with Fallout 3 locking up on the 360? I am 17 hours in, lvl 9 and have a ton of sweet shit and the game won't let me go any further. Any time I try to go to the Jefferson Memorial to do the project purity quest, my game freezes up. The weird thing is I have been to the memorial before. Nothing was fucked up until I got the quest. I traded in my game to gamestop for a different copy and this one does the same thing. My game save is probably fucked and I am pissed. I guess this is a fairly common problem from what i have read online, but non of the fixes i have read work. AAAARRRGGGG. It is such a great game but I do not want to start over, nor do I want to start ovver and have it fuck up at the same point.

i am just going to return the game to Gamestop, pick up something else and rebuy F3 when they patch it. Pisses me off man. I was having a great time playing that game.

A few essentials. You'll need a FilePlanet account for most of these, but registration is free.

Better Bodies
Replaces Bethesda's ugly-as-fuck bodies with better-looking ones. Nudity is optional.

Morrowind Comes Alive
Adds plenty of NPC's to the game. More people to kill and stuff, yay.

Galsiah's Character Development
Replaces the bulky level-up system with a better one. There's some degree of customization of the rules too.

Ravenloft
Completely ridiculous housing mod. You might not want to use it if you feel that it's simply too big and luxurious, I sometimes do.

The Latest, Greatest Housing Mod
One of several mods that add houses that can be bought or earned through quests. There may be better mods of the same kind, but do not attempt to use several as there may be compatibility issues. As opposed to Ravenloft these houses actually fit the game.

You left out Runestone. Unless you really get a kick out of traveling (and I'll admit, it's fun planning your journeys and shit...for about a half hour) this provides instant transport like Oblivion's fast travel, although not to as many locations. You can go to every fast travel point (i.e. boat, silt strider, teleport) point in the game (apparently this guy was lazy and didn't like to find new points) and a few extras. I actually like this because you show up on the dock and I can pretend I actually took the boat there.

@Perditions Light

Yes. I bought the game used. i returned the first one becasue of the issue, and got a new copy. That is fucked too. They told me to just bring it back if it did not work and they will give me my cash back.