Gamers Thread

Obviously, you don't understand. Play Fallout 1 and 2.

Pretty much.
Fallout 3 was a decent game, but a giant disappointment from what I thought it was going to be. The main story was stupid, and the ending was facepalm worthy.
*SPOILER ALERT*

But seriously... you have a fucking radiation resistant mutant standing right there with you... what the fuck is his problem? He could have saved the world and walked out unscathed! Why do you have to die?

*Spoiler Finished*

Anyways, the world is vast and fun, but most everything cool about the game was something set up by the previous 2 in the series.

How good are Fallout 1 and 2 and have they been boxed together for like $10?
They're commonly considered to be alongside BG and PST as the best WRPGs and
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Collection-Tactics-Post-Nuclear-PC/dp/B000IGE78M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1229891789&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Collection-Tactics-Post-Nuclear-PC/dp/B000IGE78M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1229891789&sr=8-1[/ame]

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 are the best PC games ever made.

Morrowind had awesome backstory, too. Most people probably skipped past it, but if you read the text and shit it's actually really epic.

Despite all it's flaws and glitches Morrowind has perhaps the most immersive world I've ever seen in a game, and a backstory that many fantasy authors would/should envy.

Morrowind had awesome backstory, too. Most people probably skipped past it, but if you read the text and shit it's actually really epic.
I also really liked the visual style. The graphics were shit but they really captured the atmosphere.
Fuck cliff racers, though.

Mods make the graphics waaaay better. Retexturing everything makes the world look kickass if your comp can run it.

Mods make the graphics waaaay better. Retexturing everything makes the world look kickass if your comp can run it.

Hm. I never bothered with mods much beyond the runestone mod (instant transport, much like Oblivion's fast travel, highly recommended) and a mod to make there be more people and make the little towns bigger and stuff.

@Black Friday: Thanks.

I've started playing Diablo 2 again. My barbarian is level 61 now.

wat!? You NEED to mod the CRAP out of Morrowind; it immediately and instantaneously (YES BOTH) becomes 900000 times awesomer.

This man speaks the truth.

@ childrengrinder: I don't know about this particular forum, but emulation discussions are often shunned due to the dubious legality of it.

My old Xbox (1) runs my MAME-X and FINAL BURN ALPHA in a NEOGEO MVS cabinet I bought off Ebay for £5, with arcade sticks.

I can't figure out how to make the coin-slot work with the Xbox, but even though it is really, really awesome!

wat!? You NEED to mod the CRAP out of Morrowind; it immediately and instantaneously (YES BOTH) becomes 900000 times awesomer.

I think there were a few others. I experienced significant stability issues as soon as I started modding it, though. That was why I didn't do too much.

Oh my god I can't wait for this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGlhgVz5r6E&fmt=22[/ame]

Complete remake of the original Half-Life for the Source engine, it's been in development for several years now.

I think there were a few others. I experienced significant stability issues as soon as I started modding it, though. That was why I didn't do too much.

Well, the game crashes for no reason all the time anyway. Just hit F5 alot as you're playing. And when it crashes that usually means "you need to take a break" regardless.

@Val: Is that the one that's not just an exact makeover but has actually been redesigned to have puzzles with teh physics?
'cause I heard about one like that a while ago and I thought there had already been an exact makeover.

@V5: I'm talking like it would crash whenever I'd go to a specific area. And when that area is Balmora you're kinda screwed.