Gamers Thread

I spent so many hours simply wandering around the wastelands finding shit and soaking up the atmosphere. That's where the game shines no doubt about that. It's just a shame the main storyline was so terrible, and the writing/dialogue wasn't anywhere near as good as Fallout 1 or 2... and the voice acting was pretty terrible also (couldn't help but notice certain voices I also heard in Oblivion... what the fuck Bethesda!? stop hiring these people ffs!).

Now BLOODLINES... there's a game with awesome writing AND voice acting. Funnily enough it also goes to shit towards the end though. :(

fuck yeah Bloodlines!

i pwnd the chiropteran behemoth by shooting it in the air! i didnt know i'm supposed the hit the spotlights... lol

Ah,that pretty much explains why you like it so much. I for one love my game worlds to be more colorful, and brimming with lots of cool and random stuff to pick up.

I also encountered a plethora of technical issues in the game at first, which definitely contributed to my initial negative impression. What a fucking massive headache it was to make it run properly, and my PC far exceeded the minimum system requirements. Naturally, I expected some handsome payoff for all the troubleshooting hell I went through in the form of quality RPGing.
Alas, this game just isn't for me.

I loved the environment actually. The bleak and depressing setting is captured very damn well, though I would have liked to see areas that are less densely populated, like a big waste area, despite how hard it would be to keep that place interesting.

It's just a shame the main storyline was so terrible, and the writing/dialogue wasn't anywhere near as good as Fallout 1 or 2... and the voice acting was pretty terrible also (couldn't help but notice certain voices I also heard in Oblivion... what the fuck Bethesda!? stop hiring these people ffs!).
A lot of the character's dialogue made me feel like an idiot...the voice acting was solid-good, but the animations were so atrocious it was just pathetic.
Also, while there were more voice actors than in Oblivion and so characters didn't have the problem where they'd change voices from line-to-line (bugged the shit out of me), for some reason they had multiple voice actors do the same lines. So random characters in a town might all have different voices, but they say the same things...wtf?

I loved the environment actually. The bleak and depressing setting is captured very damn well, though I would have liked to see areas that are less densely populated, like a big waste area, despite how hard it would be to keep that place interesting.
I would have liked the wasteland to have fewer random encounters (it was ridiculous) and to have them be harder. I felt it was silly that the bear population outnumbered the human population and there were more raiders than the wastelanders they prey on. The human settlements should be larger and more spread out and generally more fleshed out. Rivet City was a good example of how to do it - everyone on that boat has a story.

One thing that bugged me was DC looked like it had been bombed but not nuked. The conveniently placed piles of rubble between intact buildings bothered me, as the subways were boring to travel through.

One thing that bugged me was DC looked like it had been bombed but not nuked. The conveniently placed piles of rubble between intact buildings bothered me, as the subways were boring to travel through.

So true. After the freedom of the wasteland, the city felt so constricted and corridor-like at times... having to use the subway to get anywhere, and most of the city areas were tiny.

My game karked it whenever I entered the broken bow so I couldn't finish that quest about the robot who got a face lift. :(

There's one other way. Namely, just give Zimmer the thingamajigger. I think he gives you wired reflexes anyways. You get it if that random bitch finds you after you start the quest. She found me in the middle of a firefight, it was hilarious. Anyhow. Yeah, give it to Zimmer. Can't get the rifle then, though.

I'm thinking of getting RE5 when it's released for the PC.

Can anyone recommend me some quality survival horror?

From this genre I recall playing Call of Chthulhu : Dark Corners of the Earth(pretty cool), Haunting Ground(great), Clock Tower(good),Alone in the Dark(1,2,3,4) Resident Evil 3 and I'm at the beginning of Silent Hill 3, which I started a few months ago, but haven't had the urge to return to for some reason(didn't really grab me).
I've been planning to get the second installment of Silent Hill which is considered to be the touchstone of this genre.
Anything else apart from the above?

Sounds good enough for me. I loved RE4. It's so strange, all this sudden hate(on the RYM board as well)for the fourth installment. It's a failure as survival horror, but a great shooter at heart.

Mathiäs;8023951 said:
Is Halo Wars going to have the same kind of multiplayer that 3 does? Is that what the Mythic maps are for?

No...Halo Wars is a Strategy based game, the Demo has just been released on Xbox Live today. If you pre-order Halo Wars or buy it for that matter, there will be a code to the new Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack. People who get the game, get to taste the maps before it goes live. It has no connection to Halo 3 multiplayer at all.