Gamers Thread

Tbh the gameplay footage and the CG looks like two different games; in the CG people die after a single stray bullet despite their bulky body armor and in the gameplay it looks like Quake 4 scif-fi run-and-gun. What I'm guessing is the end product will be Call of Quake. It does look pretty, but I dunno how much fun it'll be.

Actually, come to think of it, it looks an awful lot like Black. It must be exciting getting a good console shooter.

killzone 1 i thought was a good game, but thats it. good. fun, but there wasnt much depth... it was similar to a lot of FPS. im not a ps3 player but my mate is, and he'll be getting K2. il be curious to see what its like. the setting of killzone is pretty sweet though, and the graphics are stunning.if the gameplay is raised, it'll be on its way for a much better sequel.

on the topic of FPS, any left 4 dead fans? that game is one of the better games to come out in a while. its not a true FPS, it has survival and co-op elements in it, but makes it that much more special.

I just picked up Xenosaga 1 & 2 at game crazy for 16 bucks. the first one is awesome so far.

First one is good, but I suggest making boxes and boxes of fucking popcorn for the insanely long FMV sequences. It gets kind of hard later on too imo. The second one sucks.

They're not that long, but some can get a bit annoyingly lengthy.

Anyways I just bought an Xbox 360 and have no idea aside from Oblivion, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Lost Odyssey, what to get for it.

They're not that long, but some can get a bit annoyingly lengthy.

Anyways I just bought an Xbox 360 and have no idea aside from Oblivion, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Lost Odyssey, what to get for it.

Battlefield: Bad Company, most awesome FPS/War game ever. Prince Of Persia, I found Darksector to be fucking awesome aswell, probably one of the hardest games I've ever played.

Rate my purchases (all 360):
Bioshock
Orange Box
Oblivion GOTY Ed.
LOST FUCKING ODYSSEY

and if I have enough time when I take my lunch break then I'm gonna go run up to the gamestop closest to my work and pick up Morrowind GOTY Ed.

Yeah, out of the like 5 gamestop stores within a mile of each other (i know its fucked up) none of them had it, but I just happened to find a store with one copy left that is about 10 minutes from work.

I've been playing Skate 2 for a couple of days now, and it's awesome, much better than Tony Hawk will ever be. Everytime you make a jump it's much more rewarding since everything is harder. It's awesome online too.

Would you like a porch, a shotgun, and a long white beard so you can shout at people to get off your lawn?

I really don't like the whole "games suck now" thing.

Well I suppose that so much time has to go into the graphics that the storyline and/or gameplay sometimes gets the short end of the stick. Back then the graphics were easier to make and they could refine the gameplay or story to be the best they could.