Gamers Thread

At least my fantasy game is more interactive and has PRETTY FLASHY COLORS, unlike your DnD. Having to use your imagination? HAH! Only retards and poor people engage in such tomfoolery.

The jokes on you. Final Fantasy games have more flashy colors and less imagination than you could imagine. I WIN.

Kicking my department supervisors ass in Call of Duty WaW is great, oh hey he has the flag - headshot - oh hey stop camping :3

Things you could do?
I think I missed that part too. Your actions are more or less limited to following limited dialogue trees or shooting things.
I'd give Fallout 3 probably 8.5/10. A lot of those points are for extensive playability; I got a good 80 hours out of it. They weren't the best 80 hours ever, but they were an enjoyable 80 hours.
Actually, most of V's points are flawed. There's atmosphere at some points but at other times it's just stupid. There really are no characters you care about except 3 Dog. The cinematic gunplay gets incredibly fucking annoying.

Recently I've been playing

Painkiller : Started playing this again, just a really fun FPS - the stakegun has to be one of the most fun guns in any FPS and it also has a gun which Yahtzee described as "It shoots shurikens and lightning... SHURIKENS AND LIGHTNING... it could only be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire..." Great stress relief game...

King's Bounty: Cheers whoever pointed this game out, quite a lot of fun. Charming and almost childlike but challenging too. Some of the enemy placment is annoying though. You get randomly really hard fights in easy areas which throws you a bit...

Titan Quest +Immortal Throne : I play this with the Xmax mod (x10 enemies, all bosses x3) and its sooo much fun... lags my laptop out a bit with all those corpses flying but this has gotta be the best diablo clone since D2 itself... Shame Iron Lore went under and theres no support anymore or a sequel. Titan quest 2 would certainly have shat all over Sacred 2. The community at Titanquest.net is great too - lots of fun mods.

Dawn of War 2 : Apart from the gayness of steam (which means I can't play this at my uni halls) I had a lot of fun in the campaign, loved the mission system and the added rpg elements. Pretty tough campaign, better than the original DOW campaigns. So far though I think I prefer the originals multiplay/skirmish gameplay, I'm more of a basebuilder at heart and love turtling in RTS's which isn't really an option in DOW2. Still, it warms my nerdy geeky heart to play around as space marines...

Looking forward to : Starcraft 2, SW:TOR, 40k MMO, Assassin's Creed 2

If you say so...
The broken, emotionless faces of people, the monotony of most of the areas, and the utter mediocrity of some of the dialogue just makes it really hard to get immersed in any atmosphere that's there. Bethesda still needs to fix some of the problems they had in Oblivion.