Gamers Thread

Has anyone played Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones or Sands of Time and how do they compare to Warrior Within? I have a hankering for more wall-running ledge-jumping pole-swinging head-chopping awesome.

I've got Two thrones on PS2 - its lots of fun, just slightly annoying when you're the Dark prince, cos your life gets sapped all the time. The acrobatics are still awesome, and the boss fights are fun. I like it.

Not played Warrior Within though, but Two Thrones is definately worth it for how cheap you can get it second hand these days.

Has anyone played Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones or Sands of Time and how do they compare to Warrior Within? I have a hankering for more wall-running ledge-jumping pole-swinging head-chopping awesome.

:oops: My favorite game series (tied with FF)
Neither of the other 2 games are quite as combat intensive as Warrior Within, which happened to be my favorite of the series because of the far superior combat and the higher focus on gore. A different guy was in charge of Warrior Within, hence the entirely different feel of the game than the other two (atmosphere and what not).
As for the platforming, it's just as amazing in the other 2 games, and the storyline bits from the other 2 games are superior. I would recommend playing SoT first so you can get the main storyline, because the Two Thrones is heavily influenced story wise by SoT. Also, if you didn't get the water sword by getting all the life upgrades in WW, you should do that, as that's the only way you can see the canon ending.
But yeah... get the other games, you're in for a treat.

Just don't play the new one, which actually has absolutely 0 to do with the SoT series. It was quite stupid, and annoyingly easy. It got high ratings, but all they raved about was the damn graphics, but I don't want to play Concept Art the Video Game. I wanted to fucking play Prince of Persia.

I cba to replay WW because that game already made you go through every fucking area between twice in each time period, but I did read up on what the canon ending is. The combat was fun for a while but then got pretty boring. I'd prefer a greater emphasis on acrobatics. I played a few minutes of Two Thrones and it was fucking awesome. I'll try to do Sands first, though.

but I don't want to play Concept Art the Video Game. I wanted to fucking play Prince of Persia.

prince-of-persia.gif

So, been playing Quake Live non-stop the last few days. It totally reminds me why Q3 is the best Quake game and also the best FPS ever. (pro)Q3dm6 Clan Arena, doesn't get better than that.

So I started replaying POP2:WW yesterday, despite saying I wouldn't. Getting all the fountains. Been going pretty fast. In a couple hours I've gotten to a bit past the griffin thing.

The thing about GTA4 is not that it's difficult, but dishes out technical inconveniences to fuck you in the ass during the worst times. like the last mission, for example. :Smug:

Final Fantasy VII vs. Final Fantasy VI
There's only one correct answer, and it's not the one Cherko would pick. :p