Gamers Thread

I was just playing Soul Calibur 3 and Virtua Fighter 5 earlier this week and I loved the SC3 music and stages from both games. Tekken 5 is still a much better fighting game in my opinion, but the stages and music from the Tekken series really can't compete.

Getting Medieval 2 total war in 2 weeks, can't wait because I've really skipped out on RTS games due to having a bad computer in the past.

Um...if you want an RTS why would you pick a turn-based strategy game with intermittent, boring, combat-only real time engagements?

If you want a RTS game, stick to the classics.

Age of Empires II
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Starcraft
Warcraft III
Company of Heros

Halo Wars is pretty fun aswell. That's if you have a 360.

Anyways anyone here excited for Assassin's Creed 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

i hate playing 2v2. my allies always suck! i'm always the last one left standing. and then i get crushed
~gR~

Yeah for some reason I don't get that often, maybe it's because i build like crazy and attack vacant bases as soon as I have 2 warthogs haha lol.

Usually I make units judging by what leader the opponents are using. Like if this guy comes with cobras and takes all my shit out, I'll spawn air units, because it renders them absolutely useless. and if he uses Anders of all people, I usually spawn a bunch of Wolverine's

I'm playing Metal Storm for the NES, now this was a really inventive game for it's time, Mega Man ripped off the gravity function for example, except in Metal Storm it's much more involved. You can alter gravity throughout the whole game which promises for some really cool scenarios.

Yeah for some reason I don't get that often, maybe it's because i build like crazy and attack vacant bases as soon as I have 2 warthogs haha lol.

Usually I make units judging by what leader the opponents are using. Like if this guy comes with cobras and takes all my shit out, I'll spawn air units, because it renders them absolutely useless. and if he uses Anders of all people, I usually spawn a bunch of Wolverine's

i use anders hehe. fast research/cheap rates allow me to pwn with superior fire power. i havent tested this theory with online foes though, just friends.
~gR~

Getting Medieval 2 total war in 2 weeks, can't wait because I've really skipped out on RTS games due to having a bad computer in the past.

don't listen to these guys, medieval 2 is awesome. games like Rise of Nations are good too, but medieval 2 is much more than a RTS. It's just so fun ordering large groups of troops against another large group and having to actually figure out the best strategy to beat said troops (especially sieges, those are hard.) Also there are some great mods for it too.

No one else has ever heard of Knights of Honor. It's sad. Such an overlooked game. People should play it.

Medieval 2 is essentially civ lite: medieval version with boring real-time battles. I prefer the medieval period for strategy games, though.