Gamers Thread

Seems like an original enough of a game to check out so yeah. I could even be wrong about getting tired, depends on how well they let you progress with your powers and all that.
I've played the inFamous-demo btw, similar there, I hope they made it interesting for a long time.

As far as I can tell the most bang for your buck you can get on a console atm is Oblivion Game of the Year edition. I have seriously been playing it for months and have not even gotten remotely tired of it, and I haven't done the Dark Brotherhood, like half or 2/3rds of the main quest or either KOT9/TSI expansion yet. Fucking phenomenal.

As far as I can tell the most bang for your buck you can get on a console atm is Oblivion Game of the Year edition. I have seriously been playing it for months and have not even gotten remotely tired of it, and I haven't done the Dark Brotherhood, like half or 2/3rds of the main quest or either KOT9/TSI expansion yet. Fucking phenomenal.

How could you play for months without doing...anything? Jesus. It took me maybe 50-60 hours to do everything pre-expansions. I spent another 20 hours just doing random shit not quest related. I started a second character to punish myself with more difficulty, but 40 hours in I'd done almost everything all over again. Still...120 hours, without the expansions. Yes, this is worth your money.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I just discovered Bethesda gives a free download of Arena. I'd like to play Daggerfall more due to it's truly absurd size but Arena has a larger area that Morrowind and Oblivion put together, so I can deal.

Reinstalled Morrowind. This might be my favorite game ever. Playing a mercenary type now. I've never played a serious magic user in this game, though, and that's a huge part of the game. So far most of the quests I've done I never even did before. It's amazing how you can play a game for...it must be at least 250 hours total by now (over 4 years)...without coming close to completion.

Morrowind was so much better than Oblivion, don't get me wrong I loved Oblivion. Morrowind just had a better story and if a silt strider didn't go to your destination you had to walk, no effin fast travel. I guess what I'm sayin is Oblivion was too easy. Fallout 3...now thats another monster all together.

Morrowind is definitely a thousand times better. For one thing, they really put effort and thought into Vvardenfell. There's a rich history and distinct cultural and geographic regions. There's a ton to dig into. The lack of simple quick travel is a blessing; it makes the game way more immersive. Because traveling takes time, you think more about what you do. Also, having to ask for directions and shit is awesome. Aside from the world, magic is much more varied in Morrowind. Also, there are way more pieces of armor and weapon types (spears, crossbows, shuriken, throwing knives, pauldrons, and left and right gauntlets). Basically, a much deeper game.

Also, the voice acting in Oblivion was horrible and killed npc interaction, because you couldn't talk to them about random stuff the way you can in Morrowind.

Dead Space! Wait until it's getting dark, turn all the lights off and have the volume up. It's amazing. Or... Left 4 Dead. That game is soooo ridiculously fun.

Been playing alot of Dynasty Warriors 6. (yea yea... I know it's basically the same hack and slash done 6 different times... I still love it)

Chaos mode is a bitch even with maxed characters. Finally unlocked Lu Bu today who had a ridiculous requirement of completing story mode with 13 characters total.

Been playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, brilliant fucking game. Oh, and I just bought Prototype. I think it's a pretty fun game, too bad the character's are pretty undeveloped and have NO facial expression. Other than that, it's fun to run around killing people with GIGANTIC claws and tossing cars at helicopters.

recently ive been playing:
secret of mana
ffiv
guitar hero 3
whatever EA cricket game i have
ski free lol

and most of all:
micro machines v3! amazing how fucking fun this still is as one player (and of course it's the greatest multiplayer console game EVER, PERIOD.)