Gamers Thread

Wait wtf? You made me watch that awesome trailer and then it's for some shitty mmo? Also, another Star Wars MMO?

Holy Fuck. Rayman 2 is one of the best platformers ever.

Anyways, the new Castlevania game looks cool. I'm a bit skeptical because it seems so much different from the rest of the series, but I have my faith in Kojima. New Mario Galaxy will be great, but that is understandable. I'm also extremely curious about the new Metroid game. I was hoping for a new 2D Side-scroller for the DS, but we'll see.

I just watched some gameplay trailers.

I must say, the concept is amazing; giving the player essentially godlike powers and allowing them to interact with a sandbox world sounds like the perfect game. I've always liked the idea of games that give you a really beastly character and have you just fuck with shit.

However, from what I'm watching it looks way too fast paced; I like action games, but I like to be able to think about what's going on, to use strategy, and to have time to appreciate the havoc being wreaked. The trailer I saw, shit was just blowing up everywhere.

Overlord did a decent job at this; the appeal of playing an evil character is also undeniable. However, the "evil" was very cartoony. The gameplay was great, though.

Any other games like this, where you get a character with a bunch of badass powers and just fuck with shit?

Force Unleashed...but from what I hear its not that good of a game. Also if no one has tried out Afro Samurai please do, it is a badass visceral experience. The animation is spot on and so is the collision detection when you are dismembering foes. Also, Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson...come on man.

Who cares about graphics? Deus Ex and Half-Life are two of the best shooters ever and they have shitty graphics.

I enjoy the game alot but i also thinks its kinda lame how you can destroy an entire helicopter by throwing one guy at it. And then to add to it when tanks and helicopter get destroyed it looks so stupid, they just turn black.