Gamers Thread

I only play xbox 360 at the moment. Finally picked up Gears of War on ebay for £5 to see what all the hype is about.

Cant wait for Assassins Creed 2 and Bioshock 2.

Can't wait until Heavy Rain comes out, anyone who likes Fahrenheit will like it.

If its half as good as Fahrenheit was it will be a classic. Only thing I didnt like too much with Fahrenheit was the sci-fi parts.

And I just finished Crisis Core and it left me with the greatest gaming experience Ive had in a damn long time. Square Enix:worship:

If its half as good as Fahrenheit was it will be a classic. Only thing I didnt like too much with Fahrenheit was the sci-fi parts.

And I just finished Crisis Core and it left me with the greatest gaming experience Ive had in a damn long time. Square Enix:worship:

Square Enix rules.

Currently awaiting Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and also Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Live arcade if they would stop bullshitting and put it up for download already.

Drakengard was fun in some of the more expansive outdoor levels...I remember first being dropped into Rapture (the most epic battle in the game, you probably remember it) and being like "holy shit!". However, I can't believe the story got so fucking weird/surreal eventually. Lame. And way too formulaic gameplay. I wonder if 2 was any better?

Drakengard was fun in some of the more expansive outdoor levels...I remember first being dropped into Rapture (the most epic battle in the game, you probably remember it) and being like "holy shit!". However, I can't believe the story got so fucking weird/surreal eventually. Lame. And way too formulaic gameplay. I wonder if 2 was any better?
\

Think the only reason I played it through was because it was made by Square Enix. Looking back I should have just played one of the thousand Dynasty Warrior games. You are right though it was interesting at the start.

You know, if you hadn't mentioned SE did that, I wouldn't have even thought they did...and I own it. I don't even remember why I bought it. I have to admit the weapons were cool.

Been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope. My fucking god are some of the characters annoying as shit, if Limyle wasn't a healer and had some amazing spells I'd discard her out of the group. Not that it'll stop the cut scenes from happening. *shudder* Otherwise it's a pretty fun game with a pretty cool battle system.

I've been having a lot of fun playing a browser based game recently called eRepublik. It's described as a "social strategy game". Basically you become a citizen in an online world where you work with other players. There are very developed economic, political and military phases of the game.

Currently I am living in eCanada and a member of the Canadian Armed Forces. You can also do things like start a business or become a congressman.

If the game sounds interesting to you and you want to help your good pal CC out, join the game by clicking the following link. It marks me down as your referrer and if you get to level 6 we both get 5 Gold (GOLD!).

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Herman+Tartoff

Been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope. My fucking god are some of the characters annoying as shit, if Limyle wasn't a healer and had some amazing spells I'd discard her out of the group. Not that it'll stop the cut scenes from happening. *shudder* Otherwise it's a pretty fun game with a pretty cool battle system.

Personally I stopped playing this series after the second installment. I tried the third but it was just so freaking horrible I would rather commit japanese ritual suicide than finish it. Although the battle system was still intact from 2 and had a couple of interesting improvements, the story was just that bad. If you haven't played the second star ocean I think they remade it for the psp. I still own this game and actually beat it for the millionth time recently. Classic Tri-Ace/Enix collaboration.

What's fun about MGS4? I don't like anything about it, it's a stealth game which isn't really designed as one. Everything feels so stiff, just grabbing someone from behind shouldn't be such a big deal. And it's not like I'm just bad at it or anything, I've completed MGS3, and didn't really enjoy it at all. Why can't anyone make a good stealth game? Splinter Cell sucks too. I remember playing the first Tenchu game on the PS1, and that was really fun, now it obviously looks like shit though. Haven't played any more Tenchu games.
Hitman is a really good stealth series, the stealth being focused on disguises instead of not being detected, which no one seems to be able to pull off.

MGS 4 was really designed so you could play through it anyway you really wanted and only forces you to "sneak" in one act. The series is more about the theatrics anyways. MGS 3 was my least favorite but I still enjoyed it. Just thought it was a little tedious having to switch my camo every 2 feet I traveled lest I be spotted. If you haven't played 4 yet I highly suggest you do though, just to feel some closure in the storyline and to see what weird shit Kojima can pull out of his ass.

Well the option to go through the game guns blazing isn't the problem with me really, that's not what I meant by the game not being designed as a stealth game. It's more the fact that, when you try to hold an enemy at gunpoint for example, you're never sure if it's going to work or not, half the time the enemy just turns around for some reason, and you have no idea what you did wrong. The game is full of things like that, and I thought MSG3 was the same in that aspect.

Personally I stopped playing this series after the second installment. I tried the third but it was just so freaking horrible I would rather commit japanese ritual suicide than finish it. Although the battle system was still intact from 2 and had a couple of interesting improvements, the story was just that bad. If you haven't played the second star ocean I think they remade it for the psp. I still own this game and actually beat it for the millionth time recently. Classic Tri-Ace/Enix collaboration.

wtb better Jap-RPG on the Xbox 360, can't wait for FFXIII,. Hopefully it doesn't flop.