Gamers Thread

I found myself more moved by the Rinoa/Squall story than anything in 7.

I liked the story in 8 better than 7.

well yeah but one of you is presumably 13 years old and the other likes to have sex with 13 year olds, so neither of your ridiculous opinions count. ffviii has a generally disjointed, boring and ultimately nonsensical story complete with teenybopper romance (a few classic moments though), ffvii has a bleak, gorgeously atmospheric story which may go a bit wayward at one or two points but the power of the rest renders that irrelevent. period.

i actually quite like the junctioning system btw, quite cool once you get the hang of it.

Yes, 7 is only viewed anywhere as good as it is due to the fact that it was the first the vast majority of people in the US ever played.

Even if you dislike 8, then at the very least it should be common sense that 7 isn't even a top tier FF game.

6 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 12 > 9 > 1 > 7 > 10 > 3 > 2

imo

even if that is the case, the main story's great aside from the sort of annoying zach reveal, sephiroth is the best FF villain (more awesome than kefka even), plus pretty much all the mini-games and sub-plots ruled. plus it was *definitely* the most atmospheric of any FF game, of any game i've ever played probably. 4-6 are pretty damned cool, so are 8 and 9 for that matter, but 7 takes the cake for me by far.

Sephiroth is in no way the best FF villain.

If I have to give it to someone (Kefka aside) it would be Kuja. Fucker destroyed an entire planet, killed the main characters of the game, killed his creator, and then eventually was killed - not by the characters but instead by the roots of the lifa tree.

err

6 would get the best overall, I get more "atmosphere" from it than any other FF game mostly due to - the soundtrack which is second only to 8s.

how can you possibly think 8 has a better soundtrack than 7?!?!?!?!?! seriously the mind boggles here

in some ways i actually like the soundtracks to the first 3 best of all, as stand alone music anyway

Meh, I liked the romance plot of 8 but I also liked the political plots. Yes, 7 was "atmospheric" and had a good plot. I'm not disagreeing I'm just saying that I enjoyed the plot of 8 better. I know you were like "Fuck yeah" after the credits in 8, don't lie.

Final fantasy 4 I didn't like at all. Probably gave that game a few hours and then gave up on it for the ds. Thinking of getting 1 and 2 for the psp

Meh, I liked the romance plot of 8 but I also liked the political plots. Yes, 7 was "atmospheric" and had a good plot. I'm not disagreeing I'm just saying that I enjoyed the plot of 8 better. I know you were like "Fuck yeah" after the credits in 8, don't lie.

i like 8, quite a lot actually. problem here isn't that you love 8 but that you don't love 7 enough. o_O

8s soundtrack is infinitely better than 7s.

Liberi Fatali alone is better than anything 7 has. The Man With A Machine Gun rules and kicks the ass of any other FF battle music, I'm also a big sucker for Eyes On Me. The space saving scene + Ragnarok scene is the absolute best of the game!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NKXtOrBs-I&feature=related[/ame]

What's cool about this game is that if you die, you don't get game over, you just continue the story with the other characters you're playing (I think there's four of them). So you can choose not to get out of the car, and the story will change.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as 8 goes, I couldn't be bothered to continue the game after the timber mission. It got really boring :/ FF7's opening city was so awesome and so many things had happened, while in 8 you got sliced in the face by a dick and went on a mission.