Gamers Thread

Stalker: Clear Sky seems like it could be awesome but it runs fucking horribly on my computer. This is inexcusable because the graphical improvements are negligible and the first one ran great.

Speaking of which, STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl is an awesome game.

Haven't taken the time to read the past 3300 post (outside of the ones on this page), so apologies if I am repeating old discussions.

Played Brutal Legend demo last night. I had low expectations, but it is a fun game.

Wolfenstein is currently in my PS3. I think that game is pretty underrated. It is annoying to play all these games that get great reviews, but are a pain in the ass to play and aren't all that fun. This game, on the other hand, gets me a bit nostalgic and is fucking fun. It reminds me of 50 cent blood on the sand (another good game).

Also recently gave Resident Evil 5 a shot. I really enjoyed 4 on Wii, but I didn't care for this one. Not sure what was different :erk:

I just tried No One Lives Forever and honestly I thought it sucked...
Been playing a lot of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory lately, which is an awesome online fps. Currently pirating FEAR and Dungeon Siege 2. I play too many video games.

Have you played FEAR 2? Great game

I've been wondering, but haven't been wanting to ask in an elitest gamers thread, do you have to own a game to download additional episodes? I've been wanting to buy the FEAR 2 episode, but have been worried that it won't work, as I don't have any data on my PS3 from when I rented FEAR 2.

So......Rumors are flying around that there is going to be a "Rainbow Six Vegas 3" and "Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 3"

If these rumors are true...then shit yeah!

I've been wanting to buy the FEAR 2 episode, but have been worried that it won't work, as I don't have any data on my PS3 from when I rented FEAR 2.
Solution: Get a computer and start pirating.

Rainbow Six Vegas 3

This would be really dumb...three games set in Vegas = beaten to death. Also, the series sucks post-Raven Shield. Taking away the planning stage turns it into a lame generic shooter.

has anyone played that Aion crap? I think sometime this century my PC over here might be working and need something to kill time with..

HL2 rules. FEAR is awesome. It's like someone built a game based on fighting the marines from Half Life 1 and added horror. However, they should have changed the name from F.E.A.R to M.O.D.E.R.A.T.E. A.L.A.R.M. to more accurately reflect the content.

I'm so sick of shooters, no shooter has touched Half-Life and Counter-Strike even after all these years...FEAR is horrible btw, I don't understand what the hype is..I played it, and sure it has some "shock" moments, but they do nothing but annoy me..where is the REAL fear? Like Silent Hill 1..playing that shit at night actually made me very uncomfortable

I rarely find myself playing games these days though, but when I do it's either the classic Metal Gear Solid series, Final Fantasy (no homo, its a fucking great series), and Silent Hill...

oh and on the PC -- Company of Heroes..the only good modern RTS in my opinion (that genre has the same problem as shooters..nothing has touched Starcraft, Warcraft, and Age of Empires in years!) and occasionally I'll feel really nostalgic and load up an emulator and play some old school NES/SNES game like Chrono Trigger or something..because we all know games were better in the 90s

Why the fuck would you feel the need to put "no homo" after mentioning you like Final Fantasy. You probably actually are very homo if you feel that is necessary.

been playing TA Kingdoms, age of empires 3, Battlefield 2 and that's about it.

Got sick of Left 4 Dead.

Have been playing OFP2 with friends on Xbox.
Great game, really nice to play a large scale game on a console.

FEAR is horrible btw, I don't understand what the hype is..I played it, and sure it has some "shock" moments, but they do nothing but annoy me..where is the REAL fear?
Okay, so it's not scary. And what that leaves you with is intense firefights with smart AI. Which is what I want from a shooter.
oh and on the PC -- Company of Heroes..the only good modern RTS in my opinion (that genre has the same problem as shooters..nothing has touched Starcraft, Warcraft, and Age of Empires in years!)
CoH is great, but it's pretty different from farming RTSs like the AoE series. AoE2 is my favorite RTS ever. Never got what was so great about Starcraft. Oh, and pull your head out of your ass. Just in general.