Gamers Thread

Yeah VII had some great mini games that broke up the linearity of the whole thing. With VIII it was like:

"Here we go, another timed mission."
"Oh my, here's another thing with Laguna."
"Let's kill some shit."

Repeat.

I think it might've been because of the whole school days atmosphere.

Call me a blasphemer, but I really wasn't too fond of 9. I mean I played it and enjoyed it at the time but didn't really care too much to give it more than about 3 goes. Besides, Legend of Dragoon had come out by then.

Well I wasn't saying if the card game was good or not, he just said there wasn't any mini games. And I really don't remember that many timed missions, but not sure why that would make it any less good

9 on the other hand is a joke story wise. Last boss is cake if you get that auto haste thing, not really a big fan

The last boss in IX was hardly a last boss. After I killed it I was like, "That's it?"

If I remember correctly that is the Phoenix Down-able one right?
If not then I know I remember an important boss in a Final Fantasy you could kill with a PD. Besides in 8, the cloned zombie politician guy.

I always thought that was so fucking cheap...don't get me wrong I used it every time anyway.

8s soundtrack is infinitely better than 7s.

Liberi Fatali alone is better than anything 7 has. The Man With A Machine Gun rules and kicks the ass of any other FF battle music, I'm also a big sucker for Eyes On Me. The space saving scene + Ragnarok scene is the absolute best of the game!

ffvii opening music and liberi fatali both rule but i've got to go for the former just for the way it builds tension then smashes into the action, thrills me every time. understand your view though.

man with the machine gun is great, true. jenova music is just as good.

eyes on me is terrible rofl, my ex wanted that to be our song one time. that you love it does not surprise me somehow.

ragnarok music is amazing, 'the landing' is obviously totally classic, i love 'drifting', i really like most of the stuff towards the end of disc 1 (my favourite section of the game, totally great), and a few others. but there's also a lot of trash. ffvii has an even greater number of awesome tunes, and far less bad ones - plus they tend to fit the game more intimately.

let's just agree that nobuo is god.

Started a game called Darkfall a week ago..it's known as the hardest online game on the market, so I figured if I'm going to do something, I better do it right..it's cool because you can kill anyone in the game and you can take absolutely everything they have in their inventory! Mmm time to get evil!

...Too bad I'm the one getting ganked the whole time :(

A mix of Assassins Creed and GTA set in WWII Paris.
I think the guys movements look a bit crippled, but otherwise it looks pretty fun.

Last edited by a moderator: