Gamers Thread

@V5 - I agree, but there are so many FF haters these days I don't even know where to start, and since no one mentioned it (of what i've read) I decided to tread carefully

@inflames - No, I'm not going to pull my head out of my ass because I happen to think that 90s was the best times for games, modern games are for the most part boring as shit and are just eye candy, or inferior clones of greater games of past (as is the case IMO for shooters and RTS's) Maybe you are too young to know what I'm talking about, in which case I suggest you get an emulator ASAP..at least you like AoE2, which I agree is a classic..and yes CoH is great BECAUSE it's so different from farming RTS's..I'm so sick of carbon copies!

@V5 - I agree, but there are so many FF haters these days I don't even know where to start, and since no one mentioned it (of what i've read) I decided to tread carefully

@inflames - No, I'm not going to pull my head out of my ass because I happen to think that 90s was the best times for games, modern games are for the most part boring as shit and are just eye candy, or inferior clones of greater games of past (as is the case IMO for shooters and RTS's) Maybe you are too young to know what I'm talking about, in which case I suggest you get an emulator ASAP..at least you like AoE2, which I agree is a classic..and yes CoH is great BECAUSE it's so different from farming RTS's..I'm so sick of carbon copies!

What is your opinion on games like ArmA/Operation Flashpoint?

I don't see why Counter Strike hasn't been made for Xbox 360/PS3 yet, I mean the PC has Source.

Finally had a chance to play Quake 4. The game is cool but the quality of graphics shits it up pretty much :(

Well, there are so great moments and views - like body organs and shit and it makes the game shittier because thequality of those details are so fucking low... It fucks everything up.
For example Dead Space is much better at this point.

xbox has counter strike, but FPS are made for the PC you homos

Yes xbox has counter strike, but since then they made CS:Source for the PC which is better and havn't made a new one for the 360/PS3.

It depends, large scale FPS like ArmA/OFP are best for PC, but if you're talking about generic run and gun FPS games, they are made for the consoles.

If I had the money I would go for a gaming computer over any console.

They're the god damn same, one just has updated graphics. The "Original CS is better!" bandwagon is one full of retards.

I haven't played source but the original was incredibly unfun and full of cheaters and obsessive players. Day of Defeat was essentially the same game only with better maps and more interesting gameplay and a slightly-less-steep difficulty curve.

Playing Nethergate: Resurrection. The original Nethergate was released by Spiderweb Software in 1994 and they just plopped it into the Blades of Avernum engine (meaning marginally better graphics, exact same gameplay with additional quests). It's cool. It's an RPG set during the Roman conquest of Britain. You can play as either the Celts or the Romans and the game is completely different depending on which side you choose. So far it's pretty damn fun.

I spent the entire day playing Aion. It has been very fun. Right now it ranks up there as one of my favorite mmo's, and I have played a lot of them. For those of you who don't know, the unique thing about this game is that you play a Deava, an ascended human who is now essentially an angel/demigod protector of mortals type dude, thus the big wings, which you can actually use. I made a crotchety old wizard looking fella, and he rules.

Some Screenshots I took:

Aion0003.jpg

Aion0001.jpg

Aion0027.jpg

Aion0011.jpg

So I'm playing Fire Emblem 6 and I stocked up on all these weapons early on in the game so I wouldn't run out before I came upon another weapon shop. And now I'm almost out of weapons, at a weapon shop, and out of money. This game is impossible.